Extension Description: A social event management system
The goal of this extension is to provide a platform for communities to host and share social events & get-togethers. With a focus on a clean, material design and an uncompromising user experience, this extension aims to integrate within phpBB seamlessly.
This extension is in a very early stage of development. The current design and functionality will evolve and change, mostly after the core components are finished.
Extension Version: Pre-Alpha
- Events index page
- Display recently posted events and event categories
- Display upcoming events
- Featured events slider
- Event creation page
- Google Maps Autocomplete for event location
- Automatic creation of event discussion topic
- Detailed event page
- Google Maps Embed API for displaying event location
- Event attendance options and display user selections
- Social media share options for Twitter and Facebook
- Responsive material design
- Utilizes W3.CSS
Roadmapspencer4678 wrote: ↑Thu May 11, 2017 7:38 amI decided to use the Google Places API Web Service combined with the Google Maps Embed API. This seems like the best solution in order to maximize the number of queries available for no cost. Google Places API Web Service allows 1,000 free requests per day, increased to 150,000 free requests per day after identity verification. And the Google Maps Embed API allows for unlimited free usage. Thus, no one should ever run out of requests (hopefully).
Currently, I use the Google Places API Web Service for Place Autocomplete, which makes suggestions as you type the event location, and returns a valid address on the event creation page. And for displaying the location, I use the Google Maps Embed API to show the address on the map.
To be completed for Alpha Release:
- Basic moderation options and permissions
- Customization options for ACP
- Notifications for events
- Event metrics and statistics
- Tools for event organizers
- Full moderation options (i.e. manual approval of events, restrict events to certain usergroups)
- Integration with user profiles (i.e. display events attending)
- Featured event widget for board index
- Penetration testing
- Overall polish of the extension
- Integration with Google Calendar (users can save their events)
- AJAX-ify attendance options (going, maybe, not going)
- Ability to specify capacity and fee for an event if needed
- Integrate with some sort of event payment service? (big maybe)
Current index page (work in progress!!!)
Detailed event page (work in progress!!!)
Full embeded map
Google Maps Places API Autocomplete
Extension Download: Not available yet
NOTE: By using this extension you are acknowledging that during the development process critical changes might be made to the database structure of the Social Events extension, potentially making previous event data incompatible. An effort will be made to avoid this or provide a solution to convert to the new schema, however there is no guarantee that data will not be lost. You may want to avoid using this extension in production sites. You have been warned.
Please leave any feedback or suggestions you may have.
This topic will be updated as the development progresses.