[ABD] phpBB Events Calendar

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Re: [3.2][DEV] phpBB Events Calendar

Post by Steve »

I only speak English but I will add the ability to translate days etc when I release the next version. The displayed date formats will be selectable at some point also.
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
- I drank that today++ :lol: 🍺
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Ability to add a topic for an event? User creates a topic and a synopsis and link to the topic shows on the calendar.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
drooid

Post by drooid »

Steve wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:10 pm I only speak English but I will add the ability to translate days etc when I release the next version. The displayed date formats will be selectable at some point also.
It would be better to change all dates to short format where its possible.
I.E. "Events For Sat 1st September 2018" demands a different form of month name than month name used in calendar name - because of declination. So "Events For 01-09-2018" would be better.
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

Why don't you use users date format from his settings? Like all other pages? There is a datetime class in the core which respects the user's settings - no need to struggle with language specific settings because they are handled by the core and the common.php language file.
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
Steve

Post by Steve »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:23 pm Ability to add a topic for an event? User creates a topic and a synopsis and link to the topic shows on the calendar.
Possibly.
drooid wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 pm It would be better to change all dates to short format where its possible.
I.E. "Events For Sat 1st September 2018" demands a different form of month name than month name used in calendar name - because of declination. So "Events For 01-09-2018" would be better.
The displayed date formats will be selectable at some point also.
canonknipser wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:10 pm Why don't you use users date format from his settings? Like all other pages? There is a datetime class in the core which respects the user's settings - no need to struggle with language specific settings because they are handled by the core and the common.php language file.
It does at certian points in the calendar Image

And
I will add the ability to translate days etc when I release the next version.
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

drooid wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 pm
Steve wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:10 pm I only speak English but I will add the ability to translate days etc when I release the next version. The displayed date formats will be selectable at some point also.
It would be better to change all dates to short format where its possible.
I do have to agree here, that's what I am doing in my extension(s) for some use case, there are many extension which are not using relative dates as well, one for all is the Ajax Shoutbox, as an example.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

The calendar is looking very nice. I got an differ calendar but both working not together the same time. Thats bad. My version I use is display a complete week with birthdays and and national holiday at the overall or index page all the times. I also can display events.

Your calendar only display those special events and not a just normal weekly overview ?
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
ScottyB88

Post by ScottyB88 »

Awesome extension! I have a few more suggestions for features to enhance this.

1. Could you make it automatically open up to the current monthly view instead of the entire year as the past will more often than not be irrelevant.

2. An option for weekly re-occurring events (instead of yearly) would be great.

3. Instead of having to click options to attend, having buttons on the event page saying "Attending", "Maybe" and "Not attending" would be more user friendly.

4. Having a countdown timer (relative to users local timezone) linked to the specific events which you could choose to put at the top of the forums/where ever would be great.

I'm running a gaming website where we have weekly re occurring events and having all these extra features would make this extension perfect. I would be more than happy to donate if you were able to do add all these features so please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss more.
Steve

Post by Steve »

ScottyB88 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:29 am Awesome extension! I have a few more suggestions for features to enhance this.

1. Could you make it automatically open up to the current monthly view instead of the entire year as the past will more often than not be irrelevant.
i will add a setting to enable this.
2. An option for weekly re-occurring events (instead of yearly) would be great.
I can try adding this.
3. Instead of having to click options to attend, having buttons on the event page saying "Attending", "Maybe" and "Not attending" would be more user friendly.
I do plan to have multiple options for attending, and who attended and didn't attend etc..
4. Having a countdown timer (relative to users local timezone) linked to the specific events which you could choose to put at the top of the forums/where ever would be great.
Miri4ever wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:37 am The calendar is looking very nice. I got an differ calendar but both working not together the same time. Thats bad. My version I use is display a complete week with birthdays and and national holiday at the overall or index page all the times. I also can display events.

Your calendar only display those special events and not a just normal weekly overview ?
Will be in the next release.
eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

it would be quite interesting if you have the option of monthly event to add host payment for example

It would also be very interesting to have an option to add birthdays to the calendar (via ACP) with different color
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes
Mick2015
Name: michael lambert

Post by Mick2015 »

thanks a lot Steve for creating this plugin for phpbb, atm the plugin is working well on a fresh install and dont have any problems
aidzan

Post by aidzan »

This plugin is exactly what i've been looking for, for a long time, installed on my dev forums and it seems to function great with no issues to report :)

One thing that i'd maybe suggest is some way to export the Calendar as an iCal so it can be imported into the Likes of Google Calendar (can then import for mobiles) and maybe a Template manager, for example if you want to use a Template for all the events it can be set in Admin and selected to fill out the content (similar to the mod Post Models).
aidzan

Post by aidzan »

Been playing about with this for a few days and it's working really well, fantastic plugin!! There's another thing that I think would be a good addition to it, if not already requested, sorry if it has -

For the Day/Time section, an End Time would be handy so as to give users an idea of when the event will end and if not too much work a link in with Google Maps for the Location of the event so that users can see exactly where the event is being held.
eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

add anniversary dates automatically in the calendar?
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes
Binano

Post by Binano »

Good job ! :P

A link in Events Calendar that redirects to the topic creates ?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”