Extension description: This extension will show users how strong (or weak) their password is as they type it into the password field when creating or updating their account.
Password Strength Tests:
Password Strength now offers two types of strength checking models to choose from:
A simple test to check for complexity in a password by looking for a mix of characters, case, symbols, numbers and length. This is useful for encouraging hard to remember complex passwords.
- zxcvbn algorithm :
As used by DropBox, an algorithm that calculates the guess-ability of a password by comparing it to a large dictionary of common English words as well as looking for recognizable word patterns. This is a more robust strength checker that allows for user-friendly passwords that are easy to remember but still hard to guess. A Very Strong result represents a password that could take a computer years to centuries to guess.
- Password field changes colors from red (weak) to green (strong) as the user types in a password.
- Password strength is labeled as 'Very Weak', 'Weak', 'Good', 'Strong' and 'Very Strong'.
- Active on new user registration, and in the UCP and ACP areas where you enter new passwords.
- Set up Password Strength in the ACP
User registration settings -> Password strength type.
- Multiple languages suported.
- phpBB 3.1.x (all versions)
- phpBB 3.2.x (all versions)
- phpBB 3.3.x (all versions)
Extension version: 1.2.2
Tested on phpBB version: 3.1.12
Download file: vse_passwordstrength_1.2.2.zip
File size: 832.08 KiB
Extension overview page: View
Except where otherwise noted, the phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this extension. By installing this extension, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.