Manage Extensions Menu not visible

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
kenmoody

Re: Manage Extensions Menu not visible

Post by kenmoody »

Not sure what you mean by a permissions issue? I am logged in as the admin.

Thanks

KM
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

I've seen instances where an admin doesn't have the necessary permissions to manage extensions, although I don't know how it happened.

You can check yourself in ACP->PERMISSIONS. In the Permissions masks section, select View administrative permissions and then Lookup your username and click View Permissions.

Now look at the Misc tab
admin - Administrative permissions.JPG
Click on icon in front of 'Can manage extensions' to trace the setting.

Here's an example where an admin didn't have the necessary permission.
admin2 trace.PNG
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
kenmoody

Post by kenmoody »

Thank you PI!

So is it weird that that item does not even appear on the list of options?
Capture4.PNG
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

Next thing to check then. ACP->SYSTEM TAB then click 'Administration Control Panel' under Module Management.

Is the Extensions module showing and enabled? The following is a screenshot from a vanilla phpBB 3.2 board.
ACP - system tab.JPG
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
kenmoody

Post by kenmoody »

It does appear there and does appear to be enabled.
Capture5.PNG
Capture6.PNG
Thank you again for your assistance P_I, much appreciated!
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

I don't have any idea if it will help (or hurt) but what happens if you disable, then enable the Extensions module. Still trying to figure out why it doesn't even show up in the permissions.
kenmoody

Post by kenmoody »

Just tried that, disabled Extensions and Extensions Management, re-enabled both. No change. Still not visible under permissions. Hmm, kind of weird. Thank you again! :(
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

One more thing you might check, in ACP->PERMISSIONS look at the Admin roles. Specifically for the Full Admin, under the Misc tab, does 'Can manage extensions' appear? On my vanilla 3.2 test board it looks like:
ACP - Full Admin Role.JPG
kenmoody

Post by kenmoody »

Thanks again P_I. It looks like all of the necessary permissions are there.
Capture7.PNG
Something else I noticed, after disabling and re-enabling some things, the Extensions category is enabled and located under Customise, but thee is now an Extension Management category located at the bottom of the Module Management list that I am unable to move under any other parent directory. Is this normal?
Capture8.PNG
I'm wondering if the whole extension management set of modules is irreparably screwed up and if I am able to completely uninstall them and reinstall them. Is that possible?

Thanks so much for your assistance!
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

Looking at your Administrative permissions screenshot, I don't see an item 'Can manage extensions'. It is between 'Can send mass email' and 'Can manage language packs' in my screenshot.

Therefore I don't think you have the necessary permission, which would explain what you've been seeing.

The fact that you also have Settings showing as ACL_A_ADD_USER and ACL_A_MODS rather than text indicates something is amiss with your permissions setup. Off the top of my head I don't know what to suggest to fix it, I've never encountered that case. Perhaps someone else (support team member) has experience resolving this issue.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

The missing lang strings are from updating from 3.0 to 3.1/3.2 without uninstalling all mods first.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
kenmoody

Post by kenmoody »

Thank you RM, that probably was the case. How do I fix that after the fact?

Thanks all!

KM
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Go into your administrative module management and delete them one by one. This may even fix your missing extensions tab and permissions...maybe.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
kenmoody

Post by kenmoody »

Thanks Rm! Where in there will I find the mods to be deleted and how will I know which ones should and should not be deleted?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Those with missing language strings should be removed.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”