Fatal Error Migrating existing forum to PHP 7 host

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Re: Fatal Error Migrating existing forum to PHP 7 host

Post by kinerity » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:14 am

The entire phpBB 3.0 with fresh files from the download I linked to. You should be able to run the STK to clean the database.
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

UXgizmo

Post by UXgizmo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:50 am

I'm still hitting a road block of errors with captcha situation . It's really kicking my butt. :cry:

One thing to note in the ACP I can't seem to access the spambot countermeasures it goes to an 500 error. In the forum messages that use the "quoteReply feature seem broken and the ones that use links are broken. Those are the only pages on the forum that show the error messages at the top. [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:32 am

UXgizmo wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:50 am
. [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)

I've not followed the whole topic but those are from trying to run 3.0.14 with php7.

It's a good idea to use it for "house cleaning" but the database cleaner is not absolutely necessary in most cases. It removes tables and columns that were created by mods and unless there is naming conflict now or in the future they aren't going to cause any problems.

If you don't have access to server with php5 you can download a XAMPP package with it and install locally. If the 5.6 version throws errors try the package wit php5.3.

https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html

That will allow you to run the database cleaner. Export the database and import on the server. Then install phpBB3.2.2

UXgizmo

Post by UXgizmo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:20 am

thecoalman wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:32 am

I've not followed the whole topic but those are from trying to run 3.0.14 with php7.

It's a good idea to use it for "house cleaning" but the database cleaner is not absolutely necessary in most cases. It removes tables and columns that were created by mods and unless there is naming conflict now or in the future they aren't going to cause any problems.

If you don't have access to server with php5 you can download a XAMPP package with it and install locally. If the 5.6 version throws errors try the package wit php5.3.

https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html

That will allow you to run the database cleaner. Export the database and import on the server. Then install phpBB3.2.2
Yeah I guess I'm at that point to try that option running a lower version of php just to run the cleaner. Honestly I'll try anything It just feels like I'm just one error away.

Looking back at the old site I mean it's running all the default stuff it's pretty much out of the box nothing special running on it at all *shrugs* .

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:18 pm

If you haven't installed any mods it's unlikely you need the database cleaner, I'd just convert it right to 3.2.2

UXgizmo

Post by UXgizmo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:23 pm

thecoalman wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:18 pm
If you haven't installed any mods it's unlikely you need the database cleaner, I'd just convert it right to 3.2.2
I mentioned it earlier in the thread when I go to update the database only it errors at 47%. You'll probably have to take a look back through our Journey to get sense of where I'm at :cry:

"Ok now I'm getting the error below when i go to update database via the install/directory

General Error:SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]Unknown column 'style_path'..."

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Can you post the whole error message regarding the style location?

The 500 error is indeed the result of 3.0.x + php 7.x.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

UXgizmo

Post by UXgizmo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:37 pm

stevemaury wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:29 pm
Can you post the whole error message regarding the style location?

The 500 error is indeed the result of 3.0.x + php 7.x.
This was the error from a few post back:

[24-Nov-2016 17:30:16 America/Denver] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method acp_styles::load_css_file() should not be called statically
[20-Jan-2018 00:20:10 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'new' (T_NEW)
[24-Nov-2016 16:51:59 America/Denver] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method acp_styles::db_theme_data() should not be called statically in /home5//public_html/phpBB3/style.php on line 200
[24-Nov-2016 16:51:59 America/Denver] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method acp_styles::load_css_file() should not be called statically in /home5//public_html/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_styles.php on line 2542
[24-Nov-2016 17:14:25 America/Denver] PHP Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 686 in /home5//public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions_display.php on line 686
[24-Nov-2016 17:14:25 America/Denver] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'moderators' (T_STRING) in /home5//public_html/phpBB3/includes/functions_display.php on line 687
[24-Nov-2016 17:30:16 America/Denver] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method acp_styles::db_theme_data() should not be called statically in /home5//public_html/phpBB3/style.php on line 189
[24-Nov-2016 17:30:16 America/Denver] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method acp_styles::load_css_file() should not be called statically in /home5//public_html/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_styles.php on line 2717
[20-Jan-2018 00:20:10 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'new' (T_NEW) in /home//public_html//includes/captcha/plugins/phpbb_captcha_gd_plugin.php on line 55'

I removed the actual database names from the errors but one thing I noticed in line 686 687 2542 189 and 2717 seem to reference the OLD database name and the paths to the folders are not pointing correctly "/phpbb3/" thats the old forum location?? That seems strange. The last line 55 points to the newdatabase but its the captcha issue.

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:37 am

If that error log is a continues excerpt from the original one, something strange happens on your host because you can see two different dates from different time zones.
And they don't match because (as far as I know) denver time zone is 7 hours behind UTC and not nearly 14 month ...
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

UXgizmo

Post by UXgizmo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:39 am

canonknipser wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:37 am
If that error log is a continues excerpt from the original one, something strange happens on your host because you can see two different dates from different time zones.
And they don't match because (as far as I know) denver time zone is 7 hours behind UTC and not nearly 14 month ...
Any other thoughts or am I dead in the water?

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by kinerity » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:57 am

Currently, which host are you trying to perform the upgrade on?

UXgizmo

Post by UXgizmo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:00 am

godaddy

UXgizmo

Post by UXgizmo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:00 am

kinerity wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:57 am
Currently, which host are you trying to perform the upgrade on?
Godaddy

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by kinerity » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:02 am

I should have been more specific. :lol: Are you on your old host or new host?

UXgizmo

Post by UXgizmo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:07 am

kinerity wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:02 am
I should have been more specific. :lol: Are you on your old host or new host?
it's on all happening on the new host.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”