Suddenly can't login to my Administion Control Panel, how to get in back to it?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
djiplayer

Suddenly can't login to my Administion Control Panel, how to get in back to it?

Post by djiplayer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:19 am

Hi all,

I suddenly can't login to my ACP, but I have never changed my password.

Before this happen I was editing things in my ACP, and was automatically logged out when I go to my board. When I try to login, it says my password is wrong, but my password is actually correct. I don't know if it's hacked by someone or not.

Now what can I do to get into my ACP?

I guess this is maybe because that I improperly copied my entire board to one of my subdomains, I was trying to move my board to my subdomain, to move it, I simply copy all folders in my original board root folder to the folder of my subdomain, after that I didn't delete the original board, but let both new board and original board stay there.

Is this because of a conflict between the two boards? Or my forum got hacked?

And before I move my board, I disabled the board as is recommended by a tutorial on the site of PhpBB, now I can't even see content on my board, can I enable my board again without getting into ACP?

Please help me with this. Thanks!
Last edited by djiplayer on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Re: I suddenly can't login to my ACP, how to solve this?

Post by david63 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:27 am

It is highly unlikely that your board has been hacked.

When you "moved" your board to the sub domain did you change your cookie settings?

Can we have a link to your board please.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

djiplayer

Post by djiplayer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:34 am

david63 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:27 am

When you "moved" your board to the sub domain did you change your cookie settings?

Yes, I changed my cookie settings.

My new board is located on my subdomain, which is enabled with https, but my main domain(where my old board located) doesn't have https turned on, I changed the cookie settings in my new board to enable Cookie Secure, while in my old board the Cookie Secure is set as disabled.

Besides the Cookie Secure, I also changed the Cookie Domain as my subdomain in my new board.

djiplayer

Post by djiplayer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:41 am

david63 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:27 am

And I disabled my board before I move it, as is told by a tutorial on the site of PHPBB, Now I even can't see content on my forum, only a message I wrote when I set it.
Last edited by djiplayer on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

david63
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Suddenly can't login to my Administion Control Panel, how to get in back to it?

Post by david63 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:57 am

Now I am confused - which board has/had which problem?

You also have a problem with your language pack. The link that you posted above shows that you have phpBB 3.2.3 but your language pack is for a previous version.
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

djiplayer

Re: Suddenly can't login to my Administion Control Panel, how to get in back to it?

Post by djiplayer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:04 am

david63 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:57 am

You also have a problem with your language pack. The link that you posted above shows that you have phpBB 3.2.3 but your language pack is for a previous version.
I can't login on both boards, so I deleted the new board, as I thought maybe after I delete the new board I will be able to login on my old board. But I still can't log in.

As to the language pack, I don't think it can cause problem. I just upgraded to 3.2.3 an hour ago, because I thought the upgrading may can help me fix the problem.

djiplayer

Post by djiplayer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:10 am

david63 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:57 am
And my board is disabled, I disabled it before I moved my board to the subdomain, as is told by an article on the site of PHPBB.

Now I can't even see content on my forum, anyway to enable the board again if I can't get into ACP?

david63
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by david63 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:26 am

djiplayer wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:04 am
I just upgraded to 3.2.3 an hour ago
I would suggest that you get back to a point where your board was working and restore the backup that you made before you updated.
David

djiplayer

Post by djiplayer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:34 am

david63 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:26 am
djiplayer wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:04 am
I just upgraded to 3.2.3 an hour ago
I would suggest that you get back to a point where your board was working and restore the backup that you made before you updated.
How can I restore backup? I have board files backed up, but the database was backed up using in-board backup option, it let me download a gzip file, and I unzipped it to a SQL file.

How to use the SQL file and the board files to restore my board? I don't have much technical knowledge.

webhostuk

Post by webhostuk » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:34 am

Do you have the server access, or control panel access, you can create a new database in your phpmyadmin assign a user with permission then restore the .sql via phpmyadmin or if you have shell access you can do it via command line as below :

to backup :
$ mysqldump -u root -p mysql-data mysql-data-backup.sql

to restore :
$ mysql -u root -p mysql-data < mysql-data-backup.sql

Hope that helps.
WebhostUK.Co.UK | Best UK web Hosting
Webhost.US.Com | Best US Web Hosting
99.99% guaranteed uptime with 24/7 support

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:34 am

djiplayer wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:19 am
I guess this is maybe because that I improperly copied my entire board to one of my subdomains, I was trying to move my board to my subdomain, to move it, I simply copy all folders in my original board root folder to the folder of my subdomain, after that I didn't delete the original board, but let both new board and original board stay there.
That's exactly the reason.
The config.php (part of your files) points to the database you're using. And in the database (config_table) the directory in which your files resides is defined (implying that if you didn't the value, your database is still pointing to the original file locations).
Making a copy of your forum involves having a second database (copy of the first but with edited config_table)

Currently both your forums use the same database.' (not advisable unless you really know what you're doing and even so)

About backups: if you used the board's backup function ... you can also use the boards restore function. (no need to mess around with gzips or SQLs - let the system do the work)

My suggestion =
1. Remove the copy of the board you made (when you copied the files to another subdomain)
2. Restore the most recent working backup of your original forum
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:39 am

webhostuk wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:34 am
Do you have the server access, or control panel access, you can create a new database in your phpmyadmin assign a user with permission then restore the .sql via phpmyadmin or if you have shell access you can do it via command line as below :

to backup :
$ mysqldump -u root -p mysql-data mysql-data-backup.sql

to restore :
$ mysql -u root -p mysql-data < mysql-data-backup.sql

Hope that helps.
Seriously???
djiplayer wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:34 am
I don't have much technical knowledge.
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

djiplayer

Post by djiplayer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:18 pm

How can I use boards restore function? I can't login to ACP, do you know how to edit cookie settings in phpMyadmin? I think the problem is out of cookies settings.
Last edited by Mick on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quoting.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:21 pm

djiplayer wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:18 pm
do you know how to edit cookie settings in phpMyadmin?
Have a look at Fixing incorrect cookie settings which has a “special file” for when you can’t get ACP access.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”