This might sound more of an browser deal than phpbb3 but I'm stumped

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Ozo

This might sound more of an browser deal than phpbb3 but I'm stumped

Post by Ozo »

Is there a reason why my browser wants to fill in this data under forum password and forum image? This and the SMTP email settings is the only time I have to deal with this.

I have disabled the settings in my Chrome browser to stop auto fills and password and it still gets filled in. Should I be requesting an ext to fix this or maybe some css/javascript to add to overall_header in admin or?

It prevents me from hitting submit, obviously. I will not be the only admin in this part of ACP and I wanted to make it easier for other admins and not make strange mistakes like accidently inserting a password to an public forum.
Attachments
see.jpg
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Re: This might sound more of an browser deal than phpbb3 but I'm stumped

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

That's a browser issue, maybe some other settings in your browser..
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Many moons ago there was an extension (or more probably a mod) to solve the same issue with username/password fields in FireFox. It may give you pointers in the right direction. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:- it was even longer ago than I thought. It was a MOD for 2.0.x so probably not much help viewtopic.php?f=15&t=364780
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

It is the autofill setting on your browser. The browser sees a field called "Password" and assumes that the field above it is a username, so it fills them in. Solution is to either disable autofill or be vigilant.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

HiFiKabin wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:08 pm Many moons ago there was an extension (or more probably a mod) to solve the same issue with username/password fields in FireFox. It may give you pointers in the right direction. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:- it was even longer ago than I thought. It was a MOD for 2.0.x so probably not much help viewtopic.php?f=15&t=364780
Yeah I found one for 3.0 and inspected the javascript code. No use for what I need and or is outdated.

Oh well, just a random annoyance that thankfully we won't have to deal with constantly.

Thanks everyone
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

See if we can fool the browser. OPEN language/*/acp/forums.php

FIND:

Code: Select all

'FORUM_PASSWORD'					=> 'Forum password',
	'FORUM_PASSWORD_CONFIRM'			=> 'Confirm forum password',
REPLACE WITH:

'FORUM_PASSWORD'					=> 'Forum codeword',
	'FORUM_PASSWORD_CONFIRM'			=> 'Confirm forum codeword',
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

Thank you for the idea! what did end up working was renaming "image" or "password" in field id in acp_forums.html template. A forum image is still able to be posted and used. But removes ability to set a password which I imagine other edits are needed in god knows where but it's enough for me as I don't have a need to set a password to any particular forum.

Thanks again
stevemaury wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:16 pm See if we can fool the browser. OPEN language/*/acp/forums.php

FIND:

'FORUM_PASSWORD'					=> 'Forum password',
	'FORUM_PASSWORD_CONFIRM'			=> 'Confirm forum password',
REPLACE WITH:

'FORUM_PASSWORD'					=> 'Forum codeword',
	'FORUM_PASSWORD_CONFIRM'			=> 'Confirm forum codeword',

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”