Recover a message that was rejected from publication

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
urivil

Recover a message that was rejected from publication

Post by urivil »

Greetings
There is something that bothers me a lot, and I would love to know if it has a solution
There are some users I have excluded that each of their posts needs approval before posting.
What happens is that sometimes a forum moderator does not approve a post, and then there is a need to reconsider or restore it, but I do not find the way to do so.
That is, is there a way to recover a rejected message?

with gratitude
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Recover a message that was rejected from publication

Post by stevemaury »

No.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

urivil wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 pm
There are some users I have excluded that each of their posts needs approval before posting.
What happens is that sometimes a forum moderator does not approve a post, and then there is a need to reconsider or restore it, but I do not find the way to do so.
That is, is there a way to recover a rejected message?
The problem in this case is that apparently you differ in opinion on whether a post a should be deleted/not approved or not.
If you don't trust you forum moderators (or other moderators for that matter) then perhaps they shouldn't have the permissions to disapprove or remove posts.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
P_I

Post by P_I »

warmweer wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:53 pm
The problem in this case is that apparently you differ in opinion on whether a post a should be deleted/not approved or not.
If you don't trust you forum moderators (or other moderators for that matter) then perhaps they shouldn't have the permissions to disapprove or remove posts.
On the second point, isn't that why the soft-delete function was added, see https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ls_delete/.

On the first point, along the same lines as soft deleting a post, there could be a use case to "Soft Disapprove" a topic/post. On one board that I'm involved with they've implemented a workaround when disapproving a topic/post that might be borderline. In their hidden moderator forum there is a 'Disapproved Topics and Posts' topic where they make a copy, often with the using the quote post function, of the post as a record before disapproving. It provides the opportunity for a) other moderators to see what's been disapproved to maintain consistency and b) should a member 'object' to the disapproval, they've got a copy.

Perhaps this concept could be further explored as a ideas/?
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

The simplest option is to agree a policy with your own moderators, that posts will not be disapproved without discussion among the forum staff. Disapproving a post is not a time-critical action. It can wait for feedback from other staff members. I've adminned a site with such a policy in the past, and it worked well.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”