Spam : Which Q&A was used?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
neca

Spam : Which Q&A was used?

Post by neca »

Hello,

Here using a 3.2.11 phpBB, and still working on a convenient antispam solution.
After many hours reading here what could be best, it appears the Q&A seems efficient.
So I'm starting to write a ton of Q&A.

If some questions are too easily defeated by spammers, is there a place (obvious in the web gui, or hidden in the DB) where I'll be able to find out which question was answered once the spammer got through?

Thank you.
david63

Re: Spam : Which Q&A was used?

Post by david63 »

That approach, as you are finding, is full of problems. If a Q&A gets broken you have no idea which question has been broken which means that you have to replace them all.

Best, and tried and tested, method is to have one good, non searchable, question then if it does get broken you know exactly where the problem is.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
neca

Post by neca »

Mmm too bad this is not a feature.
I was asking that because I thought something like this was already in the code.

Well, I guess I'll have to keep a supply of available questions, and use them as time goes by.

Thank you David.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Uh, if you put the questions in the code, I would think they'd be broken pretty fast, no?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”