how to edit code Total members looks like more members??

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
nguyenthanhkinh

how to edit code Total members looks like more members??

Post by nguyenthanhkinh »

Hello friends!
I want to edit code of my forum so that it looks like more members
ex: edit indexxx.php or themxxx.css + 10.000 (members)
I think this is not so difficult.. Hope someone help me!
Thank's
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: how to edit code Total members looks like more members??

Post by warmweer »

nguyenthanhkinh wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:21 pm Hello friends!
I want to edit code of my forum so that it looks like more members
ex: edit indexxx.php or themxxx.css + 10.000 (members)
I think this is not so difficult.. Hope someone help me!
Thank's
This sounds just like a previous request to edit the number of views. :roll:
Yes, you are right in thinking that it is not so difficult, in fact all you have to do is edit 1 field in 1 table but almost every member with a couple of days experience on thea phpBB board will soon notice a discrepancy and if that user starts to think about it (probably just about as long as I need to write this) then the probability of losing a real member comes into play.
I could help you make a number of extra edits in the tables to make it a lot more realistic, but that is going to cost a lot of money (and I mean real money 8-) )
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Making a board look popular with fake statistics is a total waste of time. There is no easy way, fake members, so called SEO, meta tags, they all will not make your board popular.

What WILL make your board popular is having real members posting real content that real people want to (really) read. Get the idea? REAL

Is that easy? No of course it isn't. Just making a board is not enough. You have to work at it. Link it to your website. Let people know about it/ Get content, content and some more content.#

If it was easy everyone would be doing it.
The Dodo wrote:Everybody has won and all must have prizes.
nguyenthanhkinh

This sounds just like a previous request to edit the number of views. :roll:
Yes, you are right in thinking that it is not so difficult, in fact all you have to do is edit 1 field in 1 table but almost every member with a couple of days experience on thea phpBB board will soon notice a discrepancy and if that user starts to think about it (probably just about as long as I need to write this) then the probability of losing a real member comes into play.
I could help you make a number of extra edits in the tables to make it a lot more realistic, but that is going to cost a lot of money (and I mean real money 8-) )
Hello my Bad Friend!!
the last time i had a request to edit the number of views but noone help me! then i tried to edit sql phpbb_topic and it became true!!
Now i have a request to edit number of members, number of online but you dont want to help me. Just saying something blablalbla...

I FOUND IT in index.php 'TOTAL_USERS' => $user->lang('TOTAL_USERS', (int) $config['num_users'] + 20000 ),
I am a musican not a php programmer
Hope you have a good day!!
Last edited by nguyenthanhkinh on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

So now you'll have 10,000 'members' but nothing like enough posts to represent that number of people. That will not make new people join. They want content. Content. Content. Content. That's all. They want things to talk about on the subject of your board. They will not care if a post has 200 views. They will not care if you have 10 members or 10,000. They want to read stuff. That's what you need to be doing, not faking numbers. We are helping you by telling you what you should be doing instead of these silly ideas to fake it all.

There is no shortcut to getting people to join. You have to work at it. It can take months to get a board going.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

OPEN styles/prosilver/template/index_body.html

FIND:

Code: Select all

<!-- EVENT index_body_block_stats_prepend -->
			{TOTAL_POSTS} &bull; {TOTAL_TOPICS} &bull; {TOTAL_USERS} &bull; {NEWEST_USER}
			<!-- EVENT index_body_block_stats_append -->
REPLACE WITH:

{TOTAL_POSTS} &bull; {TOTAL_TOPICS} &bull; Total members 1.000.000.000 &bull; {NEWEST_USER}
Purge the cache.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
nguyenthanhkinh

KevC wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:12 pm So now you'll have 10,000 'members' but nothing like enough posts to represent that number of people. That will not make new people join. They want content. Content. Content. Content. That's all. They want things to talk about on the subject of your board. They will not care if a post has 200 views. They will not care if you have 10 members or 10,000. They want to read stuff. That's what you need to be doing, not faking numbers. We are helping you by telling you what you should be doing instead of these silly ideas to fake it all.

There is no shortcut to getting people to join. You have to work at it. It can take months to get a board going.
thank's for you advice! but dont cafe about that. it is different in my country!
And I have seen many foreigners using auto post, auto hit for their site! So, why i dont?
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

nguyenthanhkinh wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:20 pm And I have seen many foreigners using auto post, auto hit for their site! So, why i dont?
The "I have seen many ... so why don't I" argument is probably one the most misused argument in discussions.
Also, why relate to "many foreigners"? That's just as strong an argument as: all the extraterrestrials I know also do that.
Enjoy your hyperactive board! :roll:
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

nguyenthanhkinh

stevemaury wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:15 pm OPEN styles/prosilver/template/index_body.html

FIND:

{TOTAL_POSTS} &bull; {TOTAL_TOPICS} &bull; {TOTAL_USERS} &bull; {NEWEST_USER}
REPLACE WITH:

{TOTAL_POSTS} &bull; {TOTAL_TOPICS} &bull; Total members 1.000.000.000 &bull; {NEWEST_USER}
Purge the cache.
I tried to edit as you said but i did not see the difference!!!

But when i edit \myforum\index.php 'TOTAL_USERS' => $user->lang('TOTAL_USERS', (int) $config['num_users'] + 20000 ), => it show good result
Last edited by nguyenthanhkinh on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

nguyenthanhkinh wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:24 am ...
I tried to edit as you said but i did not show the difference!!!
You probably forgot to refresh the page.
Redo the edits, save, open the forum and press F5. :idea: 8-)

david63

Post by david63 »

Probably needs to purge the cache (not sure how many time though :roll: :roll: :roll: )
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Make it even more obvious it's fake by using a completely round number..... Yep that'll work.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

KevC wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:56 am Make it even more obvious it's fake by using a completely round number..... Yep that'll work.
No, no , no, don't do that, just add incrementing prime numbers on each login. The advantage is that the member count switches between odd and even and that will make it look perfectly normal. :P

Thunde

Post by Thunde »

Can this change be made to + 2000 and to whom is it connected?
Anonymous and totally
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

Please continue your other topic here.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”