Lumpy do those instructions still work? I need to upgrade from phpbb 3.0 too. But there's no longer any update package for going from 3.0 to 3.1. Can you ask the webmaster to put it back again? Otherwise, what can I do? Thanks.Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: ↑Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:46 pmconsidering that you can not use any of the files, styles, MODs etc. for 3.0 in 3.1 and you certainly will not be able to use them in 3.2, then the best way to upgrade is just do a simple file replacement.
however, 3.2 is not ready yet for your live board. it is just a RC1 which is release candidate stage.
it should not be used on a live board just yet.
so, there is no reason to worry about upgrading from your current 3.0 to 3.2 yet.
wait for the final release when it is stable and then do the upgrade.
Upgrading from phpbb 3.0.x to phpbb 3.2.x
- Your server must be running at least PHP 5.4 and less than PHP 7.1
- Most MODs for 3.0.x are incompatible with 3.2.x and their functionality will be removed in the update process.
- Styles for 3.0.x cannot be installed or used on 3.2.x.
- Backup up your board's files and database
- Download the Support Toolkit. Install it and run the database cleaner to remove all old MODs from the database.
- Deactivate all styles except for prosilver
- Ensure that the activated spambot countermeasure is one of the standard phpBB plugins (Simple image, GD image, GD 3D image, Q&A, reCaptacha).
- Set British English as the only language pack
- Delete all of your phpBB 3.0.x files EXCEPT for the following:
- Upload the contents of the phpBB3 directory from the uncompressed 3.2.x Full Package (EXCEPT for
config.php) into your forum's directory (Note: you don't want to overwrite your original
- Browse to
yourdomain.com/yourphpbb/install/then click the update tab. Click update. then submit for update database only.
- Delete the folder named
- Hold one foot in the air and spin around in a circle three times saying "I am a phpbb guru".