test upgrade to 3.2

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
zenpig

test upgrade to 3.2

Post by zenpig » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:42 pm

same server but moved a copy of the board to a different domain...updated the phpbb_config db and the config.php to match. runs fine as a copy of 3.1.10 Before the update I did disable all extensions but did not delete the data for them. php version is 5.6.29

It's a large board so ran the CLI and always has the same outcome...except once. In the command window output just stops and hangs at Installed Data: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\oauth_states I let it do its thing for awhile and then check on the migrations log in the store directory...it did do quite a bit more but always stops at

[DEBUG] Apply dependencies of \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\v320b1.
[DEBUG] Apply dependencies of \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\default_data_type_ids.
[DEBUG] Installing Schema: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\default_data_type_ids.

..with the last version of the board in the phpbb_config table at 3.2.0-a2

From there I have attempted to re-run the CLI which creates another migration log with the same last 3 entries and never completes past there or I can go to the install directory which does the same. One time I was able to go to the install directory after CLI stopped and it did seem to complete but that was with all extensions data deleted.

I'm not in a huge hurry to update the board but I always test the process a few times before considering it and the CLI db migration stopping halfway with or without extensions is a bit concerning...

[edit]hold a sec....might have success. still stalled on last one with CLI but able to run it again and migration log shows success. gotta check for corruption but definite progress[/edit]
Beer's proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”