VIGLink

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
denerwin

VIGLink

Post by denerwin »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.0
What is your board's URL?
Who do you host your board with?
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.1.10
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? english
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? update from PHPBB3.1.10 to 3.2.0
Please describe your problem. After upgrade I have something called VIGLINK extension, I didn't ask for it and I want to get rid of it !!!!! :x
Generated by SRT Generator
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: VIGLink

Post by P_I »

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
denerwin

Post by denerwin »

Never saw the option to NOT use VIGlink during PHPBB upgrade !!!
Any ideas on how to get rid of it ?
divingbrit

Post by divingbrit »

Just switch it off! Its there in server config
Many might think its a good way of helping to pay for the (free )software you seem so happy to use
Shy but working at it
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

denerwin wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:36 pm Never saw the option to NOT use VIGlink during PHPBB upgrade !!!
Unless you specifically selected it to be enabled or went to the VigLink settings and enabled it then it's NOT enabled since an enabled extension does not always enable the extension features if it has a separate enable/disable setting. And you most likely clicked away from the "send stats" page and totally missed it. If you're set as a founder you'll see the page again upon entering the ACP later on.

If you want to disable the settings link and remove the extension you're welcome to do so by doing the same thing you would to with any other extension:
  1. Go to the Customise tab and disable the extension and delete all data for it.
  2. Then via FTP go to your /ext/phpbb folder and delete the viglink folder.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

I'd also suggest reading up on the actual blog post that explains what it is: https://blog.phpbb.com/2016/12/09/phpbb ... extension/
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I just updated 3.2rc2 board to 3.2 and it vigilink is enabled even though I unchecked the box during the upgrade.

this also happened on a brand new installation of 3.2

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
david63

Post by david63 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:07 pm I just updated 3.2rc2 board to 3.2 and it vigilink is enabled even though I unchecked the box during the upgrade.

this also happened on a brand new installation of 3.2

robert
The extension is enabled in Extension Management but the actual extension is not enabled in the ACP
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I see. It is no surprise that this confuses so many people. there should be only one place to enable it or not.
If it is showing as disabled in the extensions tab then it should not even show up anywhere else until you enable it.

If you uncheck the box during installation , it really should not show up anywhere else except in the extensions tab as disabled etc.

I don't mind it being enabled by default, but just wonder why it is setup the way it is.

thanks,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Updated right now my 3.2.0-b2 live board to Gold and viglink was enabled, I clicked on the link "bring me to ACP" (after the Database only update" routine.. which directed me straight to the help page where in fact there was no option available to opt/in or out, just a static green marked checked icon.

Went to ACP and disabled it, end of the story.. just FYI.

Furthermore, the" cookie notice DB config" that's missing on a fresh install it was there, surprise.

Instead, with a fresh install all of this doesn't happens (at least via QI) which is the official tool I used to set a fresh Gold board to investigate on this a bit.

Me gonna to report also some thing I found during the processes on the tracker, later on though.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
denerwin

Post by denerwin »

DavidIQ wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:48 pm
denerwin wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:36 pm Never saw the option to NOT use VIGlink during PHPBB upgrade !!!
Unless you specifically selected it to be enabled or went to the VigLink settings and enabled it then it's NOT enabled since an enabled extension does not always enable the extension features if it has a separate enable/disable setting. And you most likely clicked away from the "send stats" page and totally missed it. If you're set as a founder you'll see the page again upon entering the ACP later on.

If you want to disable the settings link and remove the extension you're welcome to do so by doing the same thing you would to with any other extension:
  1. Go to the Customise tab and disable the extension and delete all data for it.
  2. Then via FTP go to your /ext/phpbb folder and delete the viglink folder.
Thanks David, that did it !!! I like to keep my phpbb installation clean :)
Problem solved !
Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon »

Done before upgrade started.

Never have installed any other styles.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”