Attachment Issue

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
lavalamp213

Re: Attachment Issue

Post by lavalamp213 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:21 am

jtb33 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:54 am
I think I fixed it. In case someone else comes across this topic, as I did - the fix was that in the

Code: Select all

overall_footer.html
, several of the brackets

{
and

}
were in the html as

%7B
and

%7D
, which obviously led to some loading errors, specifically with javascript. Fixing that addressed a couple other bugs I was chasing down as well. Not sure why that happened, and it was only in this file for some of the brackets. Oh well. Working now. 8-)
I've been having this problem too.

It sounds like the quoted text here is the fix?

If so, could somebody walk me through it? Working with the code like this is not something I'm familiar with and have avoided up to now but this problem is so troubling I'm ready to have a go. But I need a little more detail about how to go about this exactly.

Getting this fixed would solve a whole mess of issues I'm having.

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin » Mon May 21, 2018 10:36 am

That file in the phpBB download DOES NOT have the stated errors, indeed I do not know if it would work at all if it did.

lavalamp213

Post by lavalamp213 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:38 am

HiFiKabin wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:36 am
That file in the phpBB download DOES NOT have the stated errors, indeed I do not know if it would work at all if it did.
Okay. So are you saying the problem is still not solved?

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:41 am

jtb33 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:54 am
I think I fixed it. In case someone else comes across this topic, as I did - the fix was that in the

overall_footer.html
, several of the brackets

{
and

}
were in the html as

%7B
and

%7D
, which obviously led to some loading errors, specifically with javascript. Fixing that addressed a couple other bugs I was chasing down as well. Not sure why that happened, and it was only in this file for some of the brackets. Oh well. Working now. 8-)
There are none of those codes in a vanilla install of phpBB with prosilver.

If you have those codes in your template file(s) then either you are not using prosilver (in which case you should refer the problem to the place where you got your style) or if you are using prosilver then something has modified your template file(s)
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by HiFiKabin » Mon May 21, 2018 10:42 am

It is still in the Bug Tracker as "UnResolved"

https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-15034

lavalamp213

Post by lavalamp213 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:57 am

david63 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:41 am

If you have those codes in your template file(s) then either you are not using prosilver (in which case you should refer the problem to the place where you got your style) or if you are using prosilver then something has modified your template file(s)
You're way ahead of me David. The code hasn't been touched. I just saw this topic and it sounds like the problem I have been having so I thought this (if someone could help e understand it9 might be the fix. Apparently it is not.

If I drop say, 3 attachments into a post, they load up fine, I click "Place inline" for all three, click submit, everything looks fine.
BUT in the attachments window, only one of the 3 will remain.

The problems start when I try to add more attachments to the same post or delete ones I have already submitted.

If I delete one directly from the post, it's gone from where it was, but appears at the end of the post in the old format like so:
2018-05-21 12.53.28 pm.jpg
If that file happens to be the one remaining in the attachment window, deleting it from there removes all the attachments.

Once I start needing to make adjustments to the attachments in a post, it's really all over. The only solution is to start over with a new post entirely and try to get everything placed properly and submit it without any placement errors.

If this doesn't make sense I can try documenting what happens exactly with screen shots.

lavalamp213

Post by lavalamp213 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:00 am

HiFiKabin wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:42 am
It is still in the Bug Tracker as "UnResolved"

https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-15034
Okay. Thank you.

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by HiFiKabin » Mon May 21, 2018 11:02 am

Please start a new topic with your problem as it is totally different to the one here

lavalamp213

Post by lavalamp213 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:52 am

HiFiKabin wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:02 am
Please start a new topic with your problem as it is totally different to the one here
I did here: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewto ... t=2472661

Thanks.

jtb33

Post by jtb33 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:51 pm

Wow, I guess I did a poor job of articulating the "fix" for me. Wasn't trying to confuse anyone or 'accuse' phpbb of a bug. Just trying to post what fixed it for me in case someone else has this issue, as it wasn't a coding issue. Per above, instead of

{
and

}
in the HTML, the page had the ASCII equivalent of those, which doesn't work, so jquery wasn't loading properly. Once I fixed those, it worked. The file I had to correct was in the style template I was using in the overall_footer file. If I just went to vanilla prosilver, it all worked fine.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon May 21, 2018 5:29 pm

the point of the replies was that neither prosilver or the se gamer have those issues in the download. therefore, something happened to your copy between the download from here and when you installed the style etc.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”