Update to PHPBB 3.2.0 Error: Could not find matching pattern start for right parenthesis at pos 32

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
pigga

Update to PHPBB 3.2.0 Error: Could not find matching pattern start for right parenthesis at pos 32

Post by pigga »

Hi all,
I was curious about the new features of phpbb Version 3.2.0. So I did a second test-install of the forum, basend on a recent update (actual version 3.1.10) on the web-space. After restore, this 2nd parallel install ran just fine like the original, so I started an update.
All went well (updating files ect), but when it came to the Database update, I saw the following:
phpbb_fail.png
i tried several versions:
  • First, I used the Automatic update package and started the updater within the /install/ subfolder.
  • Then I gave it a 2nd try. Installed the backup once again (tested: phpbb3.1.10 was running) and deleted all except of /images, /files, and .htaccess and config.php file. Uploaded the files from the ppbb 3.2.0 package. After that, I tried the auto-install routine with same result as posted above.
  • Then I gave it another (3rd) try. Again, replaced files as descibed before, but now I ran the install/database_update.php command directly. This time, there was no error message and the board was accessible, but when I enter the admin-area I get a message that Update process has not been totally completed yet. Database has still Version status 3.2.0-dev, whereas file system is already on version 3.2.0.
Is this a known issue? To be honest, I am a bit lost at that point, so any help is highly appreciated.
Regards,
Thomas

[EDIT]Added Version prefix to the headline, corrected typo, added some structure to text[/EDIT]
Last edited by pigga on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Re: Could not find matching pattern start for right parenthesis at pos 32

Post by rxu »

Probably the similar issue as viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2402381
pigga

Re: Could not find matching pattern start for right parenthesis at pos 32

Post by pigga »

rxu wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:36 am
Probably the similar issue as viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2402381
Thanks for the heads-up!
Yes, I had found this thead as well and removed the line

Code: Select all

$configurator->Emoticons->notAfter = '[^\\n .\\]]';
as described, but unfortunately no luck. Result was the same error message. Maybe I have made some silly mistake (never say never), I'll try again later.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: Update to PHPBB 3.2.0 Error: Could not find matching pattern start for right parenthesis at pos 32

Post by JoshyPHP »

Normally removing this line should definitely fix it. Or you can try the extension attached to this post.

Would you mind posting your smilies.pak as described in this post?
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2+.
pigga

Re: Update to PHPBB 3.2.0 Error: Could not find matching pattern start for right parenthesis at pos 32

Post by pigga »

Of course. See attachment. (Yeah some strange entries I know :lol: But always has worked flawlessly over the years).
I did some more research and noticed that according to ACP some users still are using the old subsilver Style :roll:
To be honest I had not been aware of that, sorry. May that be some issue that breaks the auto-updater? If "yes" I would have to force all users per mass-change to prosilver.
Additionally, I should mention that I chose the "direct" method when I was running the auto-updater.
But as I replaced all the files manually via FTP, all that the update routine has to do is updating the Database. So this should be no issue, shouldn't it?
Attachments
smilies.pak.txt
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

I looked at your smilies and it's already fixed in the upcoming 3.2.1 version. If you're still having issues with it you can try deleting either the :-( or :-(( smiley. The bug only occurs if you have two nearly identical smilies that only differ in the number of left parentheses they contain.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2+.
pigga

Post by pigga »

Thank you very much for your research and your advice!
I will give it another try on next weekend.
(Looking forward to 3.2.1 btw ;-) )
atessa_61
Name: Carlos Eduardo Sarmiento

Post by atessa_61 »

Hello!. That happens to me too. In my case, it's something different. But I do not know how to solve it.
15.jpg
"The infinite is scarce to our existence"
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

atessa_61 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:52 am
That happens to me too. In my case, it's something different. But I do not know how to solve it.
In that case you should start your own topic.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
atessa_61
Name: Carlos Eduardo Sarmiento

Post by atessa_61 »

Mick wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:39 am
atessa_61 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:52 am
That happens to me too. In my case, it's something different. But I do not know how to solve it.
In that case you should start your own topic.
Ok! Sorry! I just wanted to show that I have a very similar problem.
"The infinite is scarce to our existence"

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”