Error migration 3.0.12 to 3.2 - index name too long

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
tommyx

Error migration 3.0.12 to 3.2 - index name too long

Post by tommyx » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:19 pm

hi, fortunately I've been testing a upgrade with a copy of my forum

once I started to do the migration as the manual it stopped at 96%. I could get inside the forum and it warned me that it was incompletely upgrade. So I tried again following a link and this is the result.
As I can see it seems that a index key name is too long... I don't understand this problem.

How I can solve it ?

Thank you !
General Error:Index name 'phpbb_attachments_PK_phpbb_attachments' on table 'phpbb_attachments' is too long. The maximum is 30 characters. in file C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mv-agusta.es\foro\phpbb\db\tools\tools.php on line 1561BACKTRACEFILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: installer_msg_handler()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.phpLINE: 1561CALL: trigger_error()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/mssql.phpLINE: 527CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->check_index_name_length()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/mssql.phpLINE: 625CALL: phpbb\db\tools\mssql->sql_create_unique_index()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.phpLINE: 507CALL: phpbb\db\tools\mssql->sql_column_change()FILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->perform_schema_changes()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 711CALL: call_user_func_array()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 658CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->run_step()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 400CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->process_data_step()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 288CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 241CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->update_do()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module/update_database/task/update.phpLINE: 160CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->update()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module_base.phpLINE: 149CALL: phpbb\install\module\update_database\task\update->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/installer.phpLINE: 219CALL: phpbb\install\module_base->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/controller/update.phpLINE: 133CALL: phpbb\install\installer->run()FILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: phpbb\install\controller\update->phpbb\install\controller\{closure}()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/StreamedResponse.phpLINE: 113CALL: call_user_func()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Response.phpLINE: 374CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\StreamedResponse->sendContent()FILE: [ROOT]/install/app.phpLINE: 57CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Response->send()

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Re: Error migration 3.0.12 to 3.2 - index name too long

Post by kinerity » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:45 am

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here so better assistance may be provided.
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

tommyx

Post by tommyx » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:22 am

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.0
What is your board's URL? http://Mv-agusta.es/foro
Who do you host your board with? Aruba.it
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.12
What styles do you currently have installed? No answer given
What language(s) is your board currently using? No answer given
Which database type/version are you using? MS SQL Server
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? No answer given
Please describe your problem. hi, fortunately I've been testing a upgrade with a copy of my forum

once I started to do the migration as the manual it stopped at 96%. I could get inside the forum and it warned me that it was incompletely upgrade. So I tried again following a link and this is the result.
As I can see it seems that a index key name is too long... I don't understand this problem.

How I can solve it ?

Thank you !

General Error:Index name 'phpbb_attachments_PK_phpbb_attachments' on table 'phpbb_attachments' is too long. The maximum is 30 characters. in file C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mv-agusta.es\foro\phpbb\db\tools\tools.php on line 1561BACKTRACEFILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: installer_msg_handler()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.phpLINE: 1561CALL: trigger_error()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/mssql.phpLINE: 527CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->check_index_name_length()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/mssql.phpLINE: 625CALL: phpbb\db\tools\mssql->sql_create_unique_index()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.phpLINE: 507CALL: phpbb\db\tools\mssql->sql_column_change()FILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->perform_schema_changes()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 711CALL: call_user_func_array()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 658CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->run_step()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 400CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->process_data_step()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 351CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 288CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_apply()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.phpLINE: 241CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->update_do()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module/update_database/task/update.phpLINE: 160CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->update()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module_base.phpLINE: 149CALL: phpbb\install\module\update_database\task\update->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/installer.phpLINE: 219CALL: phpbb\install\module_base->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/controller/update.phpLINE: 133CALL: phpbb\install\installer->run()FILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: phpbb\install\controller\update->phpbb\install\controller\{closure}()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/StreamedResponse.phpLINE: 113CALL: call_user_func()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Response.phpLINE: 374CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\StreamedResponse->sendContent()FILE: [ROOT]/install/app.phpLINE: 57CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Response->send()
Generated by SRT Generator

tommyx

Post by tommyx » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:00 am

hi I've repeated the migration over an fresh 3.0.12, with empty database, the error migrating to 3.2 is the same one.

the system is on a Windows 2012 server and de database is on a MS SQL Server 2014, yep.. they gave me the forum on that :(

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:07 am

You need to use a shorter table prefix. Post your config.php file, without password.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:07 am

General Error:Index name 'phpbb_attachments_PK_phpbb_attachments' on table 'phpbb_attachments' is too long. The maximum is 30 characters
The error says it all.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

tommyx

Post by tommyx » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:45 am

Here you are

<? php
// phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'mssql_odbc';
$dbhost = 'MSSql58928';
$dbport = '';
$dbname = 'MSSql58928';
$dbuser = 'sa';
$dbpasswd = 'password';
$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
$acm_type = 'file';
$load_extensions = '';

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);

tommyx

Post by tommyx » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:22 pm

3Di wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:07 am
General Error:Index name 'phpbb_attachments_PK_phpbb_attachments' on table 'phpbb_attachments' is too long. The maximum is 30 characters
The error says it all.
Yes. It describes it, but if checked the table and haven't found that index.
How can i solve the problem?

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:54 pm

Can you post a screenshot from phpMyAdmin showing the structure of your attachments table?

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Won't work
stevemaury wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:54 pm
phpMyAdmin
because of
tommyx wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:45 am
$dbms = 'mssql_odbc';
:oops:
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Good catch. Just show us the table structure for the attachments table.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:28 pm

if you have a choice, move to linux based hosting with mysql for the database and you won't have these types of problems.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

tommyx

Post by tommyx » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:20 am

stevemaury wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:19 pm
Good catch. Just show us the table structure for the attachments table.
hi, thanks everybody for your help.

here are the structure.

By the way, as I said in the template, its a forum that I'm helping to upgrade, it was already mounted unfortunately over MS architecture, I will try if we can migrate it to a linux server, but I'm not the one who's paying the hosting, but I will ask about it.

EDIT : I've been doing some test. If I migrate from 3.0.12 to 3.1.10 it's work fine, but migrating from 3.1.10 to 3.2 it drops the same error.

EDIT2 : I've have installed the same database that my host has, MS SQL 2008 R2 Express, and its the same error migrating to 3.2, it does not happens with 3.1.10

So there seems to be a bug with phpbb 3.2 and MS SQL server that I have tested 2008 R2, 2014.
Attachments
columns.jpg
columns.jpg (38.02 KiB) Viewed 491 times
keys.jpg

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:39 pm

remove the DF__ from the table prefix for all of the tables.

also, what version of php is the MS server running?

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

tommyx

Post by tommyx » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:22 pm

I've removed the DF__ but the error still persists.

the php version is 5.6.24

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”