Rollback from 3.2?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
mactac

Rollback from 3.2?

Post by mactac » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:50 pm

So when I upgraded to 3.2, I had a host of things stop working, including my Style, which is not ocmpatible with 3.2. I've put countless hours into customizing the style, and don't want to start again from a new style or from scratch.

Is there a way to roll back to 3.1, or am I stuck with redoing everything?

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Rollback from 3.2?

Post by david63 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:55 pm

mactac wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:50 pm
Is there a way to roll back to 3.1
Restore the backups that you made before the upgrade - you did take backups didn't you?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

DoYouSpeakWak
Name: Hans Lassen

Post by DoYouSpeakWak » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:34 am

At some point atm dec 2017. phpBB 3.1 will reach it's end of life and you will have to do all of these changes anyway. This will go on and on, new updates, more work ugrading your alterations, KISS
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid phpBB help and System administrator services.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:51 am

mactac wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:50 pm
when I upgraded to 3.2, I had a host of things stop working, including my Style, which is not ocmpatible with 3.2 . . . Is there a way to roll back to 3.1, or am I stuck with redoing everything?
The main issue here is not reading the available information before going ahead with a major upgrade.
Upgrading from 3.0 to 3.2 wrote:phpBB 3.2 is not compatible with 3.0 and most of the previous files will need to be removed prior to upgrading.
Upgrading from 3.1 to 3.2 wrote:phpBB 3.2 is not completely backwards compatible with 3.1 and custom edits may no longer work. The easiest upgrade method is to remove all existing files prior to upgrading and re-applying custom changes after verifying their correctness.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”