Does forum setting for auto-pruning of shadow topics work in 3.2?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
P_I

Does forum setting for auto-pruning of shadow topics work in 3.2?

Post by P_I » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:59 pm

On my test board I've got one forum set with Enable auto-pruning of shadow topics: Yes with frequency = 1 day and age = 7 days.

Yet I'm still seeing shadow topics in the forum long after the age period has past.
Can anyone confirm that Prune shadow topics works in phpBB 3.2?

Here's where I'm at in my investigation. The CLI tool php bin/phpbbcli.php cron:list shows cron.task.core.prune_shadow_topics in the "Not ready tasks:" list. In an attempt to debug, I've installed the Cron Status extension.

cron.task.core.prune_shadow_topics shows in red, with a 'Last Task Date' of 30 Dec 1969, 17:00. The cron status page says
A red marked task means a task which never started or which has a problem.
I've asked here on the Extension support page for help interpreting the extension's output.

If this is indeed working for others, is there any guidance/suggestions on how I can investigate this issue further?
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

P_I

Re: Does forum setting for auto-pruning of shadow topics work in 3.2?

Post by P_I » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:45 pm

An update, auto-pruning of shadow topics works if the ACP->Server setting for Run periodic tasks from system cron: is set to No.

It does not work using the CLI tool, php bin/phpbbcli.php cron:run i.e. when using system cron.

Reported as [PHPBB3-15096].
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”