HTTP 500 and blank page under Permissin tab (ACP) and related permission places

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
vader696
Translator

HTTP 500 and blank page under Permissin tab (ACP) and related permission places

Post by vader696 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.0
What is your board's URL? www.rnavspotters.pl
Who do you host your board with? OVH
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.1.10
What extensions do you have installed?
Advanced BBCode Box 3.1.3
Board Announcements 1.0.5
Contact Admin 1.1.1
Google Analytics 1.0.1
mChat 2.0.0
Tapatalk Plugin for phpBB 3.1/3.2 2.0.0
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver_se
What language(s) is your board currently using? Polish/British English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? No answer given
What password can be used to view this issue? No answer given
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? No answer given
Please describe your problem.
Hi guys,

when I log in to ACP, then go to Permissin tab and any other related pages to permissions - I can see blank page, and HTTP 500 under browser console. Yesterday was working fine. I remember that yesterday I deleted one user (spammer). Problem exists under PL/EN language. Tried to clear cache, no results. I also enabled under config.php file:
@define('DEBUG', true);
@define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
I am going to have logs from server tomorrow in the morning - 5am (ovh rules). Any idea what can I check/do?
Generated by SRT Generator

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: HTTP 500 and blank page under Permissin tab (ACP) and related permission places

Post by stevemaury » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Start by disabling TapaTalk. I don't know why it is even needed with responsive styles, and it is a notorious problem maker.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

vader696
Translator

Re: HTTP 500 and blank page under Permissin tab (ACP) and related permission places

Post by vader696 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Tapatalk is disabled (data deleted as well). Still the same problem.

I installed Tapatalk 2-3 years ago, because some users use it. I haven't had any problem with that ext so far.

vader696
Translator

Post by vader696 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:04 am

Part of logs from server from my IP, nothing more.

Code: Select all

[Wed Feb 22 07:58:17 2017] [error] [client x.x.x.x] [host www.rnavspotters.pl] FastCGI: comm with server "www/public_html/forum/app.php" aborted: error parsing headers: duplicate header 'Content-Type', referer: http://www.rnavspotters.pl/index.php
[Wed Feb 22 07:58:17 2017] [error] [client x.x.x.x] [host www.rnavspotters.pl] FastCGI: An error happend on Fastcgi processing, fallback to CGI, referer: http://www.rnavspotters.pl/index.php
[Wed Feb 22 08:02:36 2017] [error] [client x.x.x.x] [host www.rnavspotters.pl] FastCGI: comm with server "www/public_html/forum/app.php" aborted: error parsing headers: duplicate header 'Content-Type', referer: http://www.rnavspotters.pl/
[Wed Feb 22 08:02:36 2017] [error] [client x.x.x.x] [host www.rnavspotters.pl] FastCGI: An error happend on Fastcgi processing, fallback to CGI, referer: http://www.rnavspotters.pl/

AND connected to mchat

[Wed Feb 22 08:56:54 2017] [error] [client x.x.x.x] ModSecurity: Warning. Operator LT matched 20 at TX:inbound_anomaly_score. [file "apache2/conf/modsecurity/base_rules/modsecurity_crs_60_correlation.conf"] [line "32"] [msg "Inbound Anomaly Score (Total Inbound Score: 2, SQLi=, XSS=): Range: field exists and begins with 0."] [hostname "www.rnavspotters.pl"] [uri "/ext/dmzx/mchat/sounds/add.mp3"] [unique_id "WK1ERgoAVh..."]
[Wed Feb 22 08:56:54 2017] [error] [client x.x.x.x] ModSecurity: Warning. Operator LT matched 20 at TX:inbound_anomaly_score. [file "apache2/conf/modsecurity/base_rules/modsecurity_crs_60_correlation.conf"] [line "32"] [msg "Inbound Anomaly Score (Total Inbound Score: 2, SQLi=, XSS=): Range: field exists and begins with 0."] [hostname "www.rnavspotters.pl"] [uri "/ext/dmzx/mchat/sounds/edit.mp3"] [unique_id "WK1ERgoAVh..."]
[Wed Feb 22 08:56:54 2017] [error] [client x.x.x.x] ModSecurity: Warning. Operator LT matched 20 at TX:inbound_anomaly_score. [file "apache2/conf/modsecurity/base_rules/modsecurity_crs_60_correlation.conf"] [line "32"] [msg "Inbound Anomaly Score (Total Inbound Score: 2, SQLi=, XSS=): Range: field exists and begins with 0."] [hostname "www.rnavspotters.pl"] [uri "/ext/dmzx/mchat/sounds/del.mp3"] [unique_id "WK1ERgoAVh..."]
[Wed Feb 22 08:56:54 2017] [error] [client x.x.x.x] ModSecurity: Warning. Operator LT matched 20 at TX:inbound_anomaly_score. [file "apache2/conf/modsecurity/base_rules/modsecurity_crs_60_correlation.conf"] [line "32"] [msg "Inbound Anomaly Score (Total Inbound Score: 2, SQLi=, XSS=): Range: field exists and begins with 0."] [hostname "www.rnavspotters.pl"] [uri "/ext/dmzx/mchat/sounds/error.mp3"] [unique_id "WK1ERgoAVh..."]
In browser console: GET http://www.rnavspotters.pl/adm/index.ph ... ID_ID&i=16 500 (Internal Server Error)

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:16 am

Certainly looking at those error logs there is an issue with your board's MOD Security settings - quite possibly with .mp3 files. You will need to speak to your hosts about it.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

vader696
Translator

Post by vader696 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:21 am

david63 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:16 am
Certainly looking at those error logs there is an issue with your board's MOD Security settings - quite possibly with .mp3 files. You will need to speak to your hosts about it.
The problem is that the same error is in log file from last month, before I updated phpBB to 3.2.0. Anyway was working fine. I just checked that in January I change permissions to some of the users. Now It is impossible.

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:29 am

You still need to speak with your hosts about the MOD security issue - whether this is part of the current problem or not.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

vader696
Translator

Post by vader696 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:00 am

I already reported MOD security issue to ovh. Any idea whan can I check? I am thinking to make a copy of forum on my localhost (check database) or do fresh install of phpBB board and import database as final try.

vader696
Translator

Post by vader696 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:07 pm

I imported database to localhost and forum (permission tab) works fine. Also tried to change PHP version on ovh hosting to 5.6/5.5. No results unfortunately. It irritates me :?

OVH support didn't answer yet.

vader696
Translator

Post by vader696 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:06 am

Hi again,

after few thoughts I decided to copy 1:1 forum on my localhost using WebServ app. I copied all files and database. And I found the problem:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpbb\language\exception\language_file_not_found' with message 'Language file ./../language/en/pl/acp/permissions_phpbb.php couldn't be opened.' in C:\WebServ\httpd\php-copylive\phpbb\language\language_file_loader.php:185 Stack trace: #0 C:\WebServ\httpd\php-copylive\phpbb\language\language_file_loader.php(143): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->get_language_file_path('./../language/', 'pl/acp/permissi...', Array) #1 C:\WebServ\httpd\php-copylive\phpbb\language\language_file_loader.php(77): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->load_file('./../language/', 'language/pl-3.2...', Array, Array) #2 C:\WebServ\httpd\php-copylive\phpbb\language\language.php(625): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->load('language/pl-3.2...', Array, Array) #3 C:\WebServ\httpd\php-copylive\phpbb\language\language.php(184): phpbb\language\language->load_core_file('language/pl-3.2...') #4 C:\WebServ\httpd\php-copylive\phpbb\user.php(555): phpbb\language\language->add_lang('language/pl-3.2...', NULL) #5 C:\WebServ\ in C:\WebServ\httpd\php-copylive\phpbb\language\language_file_loader.php on line 185
The bolded path should be

./../language/en/acp/ or ./../language/pl/acp/
not

./../language/en/pl/acp/
because it is the two seperated directories

en and pl
I also have "copy of language" but not installed, directory called "pl-3.2.0-2"

I deleted directory "pl-3.2.0-2", then cache folder and works :)

Why that error message did not show on page / logs etc.? It will save my and maybe someone else time.

lopoto

Post by lopoto » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:46 pm

A you read the instructions ? before install . leave only language ang :ugeek:

vader696
Translator

Post by vader696 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:45 pm

lopoto wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:46 pm
A you read the instructions ? before install . leave only language ang :ugeek:
It was not instalation. I make polish translation of phpBB 3.2.0 and copied pl directory to another one. Was working some time, then just stopped.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”