Proper way to configure reCAPTCHA

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Barry 441

Proper way to configure reCAPTCHA

Post by Barry 441 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:57 pm

Hello,
I have been away from phpBB for quite some time but have decided to setup another board. I am having some difficulty configuring the Google reCAPTCHA.
I entered my domains keys where:
"Google's "Site Key" = phpBB's "Public reCAPTCHA Key"
"Google's "Secret Key" = phpBB's "Private reCAPTCHA Key"
That part was successful, and when I got to out Registration page, the reCAPTCHA shows properly.
I properly select/verify the squares as I should.
When I submit I get the following errors and I am wondering if I need to to any further editing to any of the phpBB files?

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/google/recaptcha/src/ReCaptcha/RequestMethod/Post.php on line 68: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/google/recaptcha/src/ReCaptcha/RequestMethod/Post.php on line 68: file_get_contents(https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
Thank you for any information you can pass along on this.
Barry
Keep it fun.
StacyRacing.com

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Proper way to configure reCAPTCHA

Post by Mick » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:41 am

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/google/recaptcha/src/ReCaptcha/RequestMethod/Post.php on line 68: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0
You need to speak to your host and ask them to change allow_url_fopen=0 (off) to allow_url_fopen=1 (on) in their PHP settings.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

Barry 441

Re: Proper way to configure reCAPTCHA

Post by Barry 441 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:32 pm

Thank you very much.
This should be fun. :o
Keep it fun.
StacyRacing.com

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”