Changing between desktop and mobile site it logged out

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
pikachuturkey
Name: Rıza

Re: Changing between desktop and mobile site it logged out

Post by pikachuturkey » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:01 pm

pikachuturkey wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 am
david63 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:54 am
I have no problems switching between desktop and non desktop with Firefox for Andriod
İ download Firefox again and tried again. But it logged out me when changed mobile site view to desktop site view. And one of my friend (he is one of the first memebers) have problem. İf he logged in With "mobile view" he can navigate the site's forums. But if he logged in With "desktop view" when he click to any forum link etc. He logged out. I tried With test user, this did not happened. But I tried With his Username and password it happened. İf only i and my friend live the problem, Can be problem With my IP or security settings or any thing else :roll:
I noticed an event like this;
If "remember me" is clicked and logged in, and you are normally browsing the forum, than changed the "destop view to mobile view" it is not logged out me. if it is not clicked to "remember me" and logged in and change the "destop view to mobile view", it is logged out me.
but If "remember me" is clicked and logged in, and logged in to ACP, than changed the "destop view to mobile view" it is not logged out me from ACP but not from forum.
I couldn't find any solution. Can be problem With my IP or security settings or any thing else??
Health For Everyone ==> www.saglikforum.org

pikachuturkey

Post by pikachuturkey » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:21 am

pikachuturkey wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:01 pm
pikachuturkey wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 am
david63 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:54 am
I have no problems switching between desktop and non desktop with Firefox for Andriod
İ download Firefox again and tried again. But it logged out me when changed mobile site view to desktop site view. And one of my friend (he is one of the first memebers) have problem. İf he logged in With "mobile view" he can navigate the site's forums. But if he logged in With "desktop view" when he click to any forum link etc. He logged out. I tried With test user, this did not happened. But I tried With his Username and password it happened. İf only i and my friend live the problem, Can be problem With my IP or security settings or any thing else :roll:
I noticed an event like this;
If "remember me" is clicked and logged in, and you are normally browsing the forum, than changed the "destop view to mobile view" it is not logged out me. if it is not clicked to "remember me" and logged in and change the "destop view to mobile view", it is logged out me.
but If "remember me" is clicked and logged in, and logged in to ACP, than changed the "destop view to mobile view" it is not logged out me from ACP but not from forum.
I couldn't find any solution. Can be problem With my IP or security settings or any thing else??
i tried a lot of things, but i couldn't solve the problem. :oops: :oops:
Last time I ask, is there any idea for ther solution? :idea:
It is not a big problem for me, but most people are now entering by mobile phone and will have this problem when they want to see it as wide screen. :|

P_I

Post by P_I » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:39 am

pikachuturkey wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:34 am
But today i logged in to my site With my mobile phone (chrome mobile 56 version) arter that i tried to look With mobile chrome but i click to "show desktop site". ??t directed me to desktop site but it logged out. I tried this a lotus of Times but result is same. Than i logged in to forum at desktop site and click to "show mobile site" With chrome settings.
I just tried the site using Chrome 59 (beta) desktop and logged in with 'Remember Me' checked. But I'm confused, I had Google translate the site and I never saw a link to click for "show desktop site" or "show mobile site". Where do you see those links? I also tried using Chrome's Inspector tool to simulate being a iPhone 5 and everything worked as expected and again I never saw links for either "show desktop site" or "show mobile site".
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

pikachuturkey

Post by pikachuturkey » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:56 am

P_I wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:39 am
pikachuturkey wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:34 am
But today i logged in to my site With my mobile phone (chrome mobile 56 version) arter that i tried to look With mobile chrome but i click to "show desktop site". ??t directed me to desktop site but it logged out. I tried this a lotus of Times but result is same. Than i logged in to forum at desktop site and click to "show mobile site" With chrome settings.
I just tried the site using Chrome 59 (beta) desktop and logged in with 'Remember Me' checked. But I'm confused, I had Google translate the site and I never saw a link to click for "show desktop site" or "show mobile site". Where do you see those links? I also tried using Chrome's Inspector tool to simulate being a iPhone 5 and everything worked as expected and again I never saw links for either "show desktop site" or "show mobile site".
there is no link at site, there is an option on mobile browsers setting. "show mobile" or "show desktop" site.

pikachuturkey

Post by pikachuturkey » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:03 pm

I finally found the problem, i didn't remember i changed the setting, but i saw the following setting : Server Settings==> security settings ==>Confirm browser ==>"yes"
when i changed the setting to "No", it fixed.
thanks for all answers. :) :D

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:40 pm

pikachuturkey wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:03 pm
Server Settings==> security settings ==>Confirm browser ==>"yes"
Never seen that setting before - is that from an extension?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

P_I

Post by P_I » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:49 pm

david63 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:40 pm
pikachuturkey wrote:
I had to double-check as well. It is part of a vanilla phpBB install (tested using QuickInstall). The explanation text says Enables browser validation for each session improving security. whatever than means. Default seems to be Yes (based on QuickInstall).
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:53 pm

P_I wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:49 pm
t is part of a vanilla phpBB install (tested using QuickInstall). The explanation text says Enables browser validation for each session improving security. whatever than means.
I found that but it says "Validate browser" not "Confirm browser" - unless something has got lost in translation!
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:01 pm

The OP's ACP is in a different language and he's translating. Close enough.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

pikachuturkey

Post by pikachuturkey » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:57 pm

david63 wrote:
pikachuturkey wrote:
I am using Turkish language and i tried to translate the name of setting. (sorry for bad English and translation)
Now i changed preffered language to English.
it is originally "Validate browser:
Enables browser validation for each session improving security.".
when this setting is "yes", i live problem. when it is ""No", there is a smal problem only.
when it is "yes" it logged out me. if it is "no" and if i am at ACP it is not logged out me, but only it canalize me to index page when i tried to change mobile view to desktop view. but this is not big problem for me.
Last edited by pikachuturkey on Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pikachuturkey

Post by pikachuturkey » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:59 pm

P_I wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:49 pm
david63 wrote:
pikachuturkey wrote:
I had to double-check as well. It is part of a vanilla phpBB install (tested using QuickInstall). The explanation text says Enables browser validation for each session improving security. whatever than means. Default seems to be Yes (based on QuickInstall).
i know, but if i select "Yes", i have problem like i wrote before.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:45 pm

Then set it to No.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”