Moving from 3.0.12 to latest version

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
stevencas

Moving from 3.0.12 to latest version

Post by stevencas »

I'm running a forum with phpBB 3.0.12, but I want to rebuild the site at a different webhost.
There is also a issue with the search index after the site was hacked many years ago.

Can I safely backup the database and import it on the new install and rebuild the index there, or do I need to do it before migrating to the new site?

The forum has about 5500 threads with 44 000 posts. Will the rebuilding of search index take ages?
janus_zonstraal

Re: Moving from 3.0.12 to latest version

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Can I safely backup the database and import it on the new install and rebuild the index there,
Yes you can.
The forum has about 5500 threads with 44 000 posts. Will the rebuilding of search index take ages?
a few minutes.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
stevencas

Post by stevencas »

I have also noticed some dead links in users post from when the forum was installed in /phpbb2

is there a quick fix for this?
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

difficult to say if you don' tell us what the error is.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

stevencas wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 8:37 pm I'm running a forum with phpBB 3.0.12, but I want to rebuild the site at a different webhost.
You might want to read and review Transferring Your Board to a New Host or Domain
stevencas wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 11:08 pm I have also noticed some dead links in users post from when the forum was installed in /phpbb2

is there a quick fix for this?
Not really, Link rot is a common occurrence on the internet.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
stevencas

Post by stevencas »

Links are pointing to an old install which was /phpBB2/...
they could be correct if there is a way to change them to /phpbb2/... or /forum/..
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

They can be changed, but only if you give us an example or two of a bad link and what you want to change it to to make it good.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”