Timeout on Upgrade 3.0.11 to 3.2 - No MSSQL Driver?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
therealalanm

Timeout on Upgrade 3.0.11 to 3.2 - No MSSQL Driver?

Post by therealalanm »

I follow the documentation here: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... /upgrade3/

On pointing Firefox at the install folder and clicking Upgrade, I get:
The installer detected a timeout

The installer has detected a timeout, you may try to refresh the page, which may lead to data corruption. We suggest that you either increase your timeout settings or try to use the CLI.
I run the CLI as the documentation suggests. I get:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'You have specified an invalid dbms driver: mssql'
mssql works with 3.0. The database is still mssql. PHP is still 5.6.3. I haven't changed config.php, of course.

Can anyone tell me what 3.2 considers to be a valid dbms driver for MSSQL 2016? (Compatibility level is set as SQL Server 2008).
Last edited by therealalanm on Sun May 28, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
therealalanm

Re: Timeout on Upgrade 3.0.11 to 3.2 - No MSSQL Driver?

Post by therealalanm »

And I just noticed that in my working 3.11 board there is a file called \includes\db\mssql.php.

In the 3.2 upgrade files there are files called \phpBB3\phpbb\db\driver\mssql_base.php and \phpBB3\phpbb\db\driver\mssql_odbc.php. There is no mssql.php.

Should my config.php reference one of these? I can't see anything about it in the documentation. Changing 'mssql' to "mssql_base" in my config.php doesn't seem to work.
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Re: Timeout on Upgrade 3.0.11 to 3.2 - No MSSQL Driver?

Post by Noxwizard »

PHP itself no longer supports the PHP MSSQL driver and removed it from PHP 5.3+. Thus it has been removed from phpBB as well. You will need to switch to the MSSQL Native driver or use ODBC.

You need to update config.php with the new information:
  • $dbms: This will be either mssql_odbc or mssqlnative depending on if you're going to use ODBC or the Native driver.
  • $dbhost: You may have to update this with extra information if you are using ODBC. Whoever is providing your database generally gives you the connection strings needed.
If you go to /install/phpinfo.php, you will see which modules you have available to know which ones you can use.
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”