Update issue

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
phil mailloux

Update issue

Post by phil mailloux »

Just tried updating from 3.1.6 to 3.2.0 using the full package and deleting my existing store, files, ext... etc folders. Update went well according to the message i got in the ACP, the ACP section seems to work but when trying to log onto the board I get the error message below. Can anyone help me in fixing this so I can get my forum working?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/di/container_builder.php on line 146: require(./cache/production/autoload_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/di/container_builder.php on line 146: require(./cache/production/autoload_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required './cache/production/autoload_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/philm/public_html/phpbb/di/container_builder.php on line 146

phil mailloux

Re: Update issue

Post by phil mailloux »

Well someone told me the issue might be an extension. I deactivated the viglink extension which was the only one I had on and the debug message is gone. However my forum is now in what looks like "safe mode" i.e. can't see any images or background and it looks like its coming straight outta 1995. Any ideas on fixing this??

For a view of the issue navigate to: www.ozbassforum.com

phil mailloux

Post by phil mailloux »

It was a skin issue after all, all fixed now.

MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Which style? I had this issue before and I was pretty sure it was modSecurity misbehaving.
Get the latest versions of my Digests and Smartfeed extensions.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services.

phil mailloux

Post by phil mailloux »

I had prosilver special edition installed as a default style which didn't play well with the software once updated. Once I switched the default style back to (original) prosilver it went back to normal. I then had to delete special edition and reload it to make it work again.

MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Thanks. There is a general problem here and I'm interested to know what it is. I don't think a style will directly mess with the cache folder. The messages you got though suggest that something is prematurely deleting files in the cache folder. I was suspecting modSecurity was to blame.
Get the latest versions of my Digests and Smartfeed extensions.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”