DB Changes from V 3.0 to 3.2?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Jansither

DB Changes from V 3.0 to 3.2?

Post by Jansither »

Hey guys, I'm pretty much a complete noob when it comes to DB stuff so I've got a question.

I have a really old forum that hasn't been updated since V 3.0.13. I've created another forum that I wish to direct its database to, but the problem is I'm not sure if the DB tables have changed from V 3.0 to 3.2, and I'm not really sure how to search for that information or cross-reference it.

Does anyone know if the tables have changed, and if so, do you have any reference for the changes so I can look?

Thank you
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: DB Changes from V 3.0 to 3.2?

Post by Mick »

Why not just follow the upgrade guide "Upgrading from 3.0 to 3.2" and your 3.0.13 board will be 3.2.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Jansither

Post by Jansither »

I've been considering it but the forum is fairly active and there are a lot of old styles, mods and other customized junk that I would have to mess with. I thought it would be easier to have a separate forum away from the userbase to make these modifications so that it didn't affect them. I am starting to wonder if it'd be acceptable just to shut 'em out for awhile while I mess with things.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

A phpBB 3.0 database won't function with a 3.2 board, an upgrade is required. So long as you make the suggested backups you will always have a parachute. You can even try the upgrade on your local computer by following Knowledge Base - Installing and Setting Up Your Own Web Server.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Jansither

Post by Jansither »

Thank you! I ended up copying the DB and updating it. I appreciate it.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”