3.2.0 to 3.2.1 update problems

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
pathfinderenterprises

3.2.0 to 3.2.1 update problems

Post by pathfinderenterprises » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:43 pm

My board is dormant at present but I log in occasionally to make sure it is up to date and ready for its relaunch.
When I last checked (a week ago) everything was working and all extensions were up to date.

This morning i decided to update to 3.2.1 using auto-update and things went wrong. As usual I had backed up my files and database. I tried to go back to my saved version of 3.2.0 but still had problems so I decided to to do a full file upload. This brought my board back but when i run the install again I get the following error.

The file differ failed to open Array.

[phpBB Debug] "file_get_contents(../install/update/new/adm/style/acp_ext_details.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory" in file /home/havenown/greatvaluecaravanholidays.co.uk/phpbb/install/module/update_filesystem/task/diff_files.php on line 175

[phpBB Debug] "Array to string conversion" in file /home/havenown/greatvaluecaravanholidays.co.uk/phpbb/language/language.php on line 313

Diffing changed files…
Any ideas on what is wrong and what i should do next?
(I have tried uploading the phpbb folder again in case any files were missing/corrupted.)

Many thanks.
Keith

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Re: 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 update problems

Post by Marc » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:24 pm

The error is stating that a file in the install folder was not uploaded. I just checked in the automatic updater package and that file should exist. Make sure your upload of the necessary files was complete during the updater run.

pathfinderenterprises

Re: 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 update problems

Post by pathfinderenterprises » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:42 am

Ok, now I'm back to my original problem.

As i said in my original post, i had tried to use the auto update but i had problems. I received the error
Information
Unable to guess the mime type as no guessers are available (Did you enable the php_fileinfo extension?)
When i tried to go back to my board to look for this extension (Which as far as I'm aware, I have never had installed) my board collapsed and all i got were blank white screens.

That is when i decided to do a full file update, i deleted everything except config.php, /files, /ext, /store & /images and then uploaded all the files from a FULL File update and that is when I got the error
The file differ failed to open Array.

[phpBB Debug] "file_get_contents(../install/update/new/adm/style/acp_ext_details.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory" in file /home/havenown/greatvaluecaravanholidays.co.uk/phpbb/install/module/update_filesystem/task/diff_files.php on line 175

[phpBB Debug] "Array to string conversion" in file /home/havenown/greatvaluecaravanholidays.co.uk/phpbb/language/language.php on line 313

Diffing changed files
This is because the Install folder for the FULL up date does not contain the 'update' folder.

I have now replaced the install folder with the one in the auto upgrade package which does contain the 'update' folder and now I am back to the original error
Information
Unable to guess the mime type as no guessers are available (Did you enable the php_fileinfo extension?)
Is this now a required extension? I have never used it before. If it is now required, Where can I find it?

All help appreciated.
Keith

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”