The installer detected a timeout 3.1.10 - 3.2.1

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
patchouly

The installer detected a timeout 3.1.10 - 3.2.1

Post by patchouly »

I've read a few people with this issue fixed it by increasing the timeout in php.ini but that hasn't fixed the issue for me. I've tried starting over, deleting files, fresh installs, everything I can think of, but nothing seems to work.

I click on the "update tab", then the "Update" button. "Update Database Only" is selected and I click on "Submit" then after a period of time passes, I get the "The installer detected a timeout..." error.

Forum is right down so any help you guys could offer would be amazing!
Swanny

Re: The installer detected a timeout 3.1.10 - 3.2.1

Post by Swanny »

Can you run the CLI command line interface update method? I had the timeout error too, in my case I just kept re-running the script and it eventually worked (as far as I can tell). The next upgrade I had I used CLI and it ran without crapping out.
NormNM

Post by NormNM »

Now this is highly unlikely in your situation.

But I was testing the latest update on Xampp before I did the real thing. In my stupidity i have the wrong config for it and I got that error. As I said a wild shot but sometimes things just do get messed up.

Sorry I can't help more.
patchouly

Post by patchouly »

Thanks for stepping in guys. I got the database update to run, just by trying it a lot, with the higher timeout numbers in the php.ini. (changed from 30 to 300 seconds for those who are trouble shooting their own).

Now, I'm getting the "Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template" message on my updated site and, when I try to install a new site using the same database, I can't seem to log in. Putting in my username and password just returns me to the log in screen with no error message. If I put in the wrong password, I DO get an error message so...not sure why it's taking the password but then returning me to the log in screen, un-logged-in.
patchouly

Post by patchouly »

For those with the same issue. I finally got it to go, using a new board.

Basically, I transferred over the files from the pro silver folder, into the "all" folder. Then, the ACP loaded up. In there, I could see the style type was set to something other than prosilver as default. I switched it to prosilver and voila; the forum runs!

I lost all of my customization, but at least I have the database.
richey

Post by richey »

This is a nightmare … the 3rd time (since I think 3.2.0 was released, including a RC version I needed) I have to go this complicated process of 'reinstalling' the whole board.
I really hope the guys working on the update routines get a hold of these timeout errors to allow updating real-world phpBB installations on standard servers, because updating PHPBB has become a nuisance and a time killer lately.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”