Unable to delete anything in cache folder

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Maroon Caludin
Name: Megan

Unable to delete anything in cache folder

Post by Maroon Caludin »

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue or just me.

But anyway, I updated to the latest version. And since that I can't delete any of the files in the cache folder. I get this error:
Message From Server:

Could not delete FILENAME: Permission denied.
I've tried it from FTP and CPanel, but I can't delete anything.

I made a test folder to test if it would do the same thing when I uploaded that folder, and still the same.

I've tried contacting my host (since I thought maybe its a permission thing). So far they said the file is mine so I should be able to. Waiting to hear more yet.

I can still clear it in the admin panel at least.

And my thought is still that its a permission thing...but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
Dook, dook, dook!

"Don't wait for events to catch up with you; go out and meet them head-on!" - Morgan - "The Scions of Shannara" -
david63

Re: Unable to delete anything in cache folder

Post by david63 »

Whenever I have seen that it has been an file/folder ownership issue - your ftp account is that of a different owner to the that used to create the files and is most likely a server setting.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Maroon Caludin
Name: Megan

Re: Unable to delete anything in cache folder

Post by Maroon Caludin »

I had figured it was some form of server setting. Sadly my host didn't have any suggestions or anything. But I do at least seem able to clear cache from the admin panel. I also can't change the permissions to what they should be.
Dook, dook, dook!

"Don't wait for events to catch up with you; go out and meet them head-on!" - Morgan - "The Scions of Shannara" -

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”