Attachments - Inline & one photo per row issues

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Dan Wilson

Attachments - Inline & one photo per row issues

Post by Dan Wilson »

Just erased everything in css that affects attached photos in posts..still, when uploading multiple photos at the same time, which members will do, they appear each on their own rows despite them being in thumbnail format.

1) Is there any way to change this so they show up next to each other until row ends..like 2 or 3 per row? They do this when I use [ img ] and fetch photos from other places..(not uploading to own server).

2) What is the difference between "inline" and regular? I mean do we need both? Can I set so that uploads always gets inline? Or simply remove this option if it is not necessary..

3) ATTACHMENTS text, where can I hard-code this into my native language?

U guys rock! Thanks in advance :ugeek:
rxu
Extensions Development Team

Re: Attachments - Inline & one photo per row issues

Post by rxu »

Dan Wilson wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:45 pm Is there any way to change this so they show up next to each other until row ends..like 2 or 3 per row
I guess you'd need some extension for that, like f.e. https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... attachment
Dan Wilson wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:45 pm What is the difference between "inline" and regular?
Inline is when you use "Place inline" button next to the filename to arrange attacjments through the text. Regular way makes all attachments placed at the bottom of the message automatically.
Dan Wilson wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:45 pm ATTACHMENTS text, where can I hard-code this into my native language?
Didn't get what does that mean really.
Dan Wilson

Post by Dan Wilson »

1. Crap...because I don't think that extension works with lightbox..nor do I think it is 3.2.1 tested..?

2. Thing is that we will be posting series of photos..and these posts will make terrible use of a lot of white space generated around the pretty small thumbnails..any good ideas?
I could force photos to be at least 640px or something each, but not sure how this would look at smaller devices..and besides, I would like to get photos thumbnailed in a 3x3 or 3x4 grid..any ideas?

3. When I copy-paste the lightbox creators demo [ img ] text with 9 photos..they line up perfectly in the forum post...3x3..

4. I manage to find where this text is translated to, no worries :P
webants

Post by webants »

1):

Is there any solution to this? i also am using lightbox extension and thumbs at 250px.. but it shows the thumbs each on its own row??

does everybody has this problem?

There must be some sort of stylesheet solution for this? i would like as many thumbs on 1 row as possible..

:shock:
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

are you saying that the thumbs are showing up in the lightbox? they should not do that, the whole point of thumbs is to be able to click them in the post and have the lightbox popup with the full size image.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
webants

Post by webants »

noooo lol see screendump :)

thumbs should be inline but are not they are in a collumn ..

does not matter which theme i use..

when i disable lightbox they show fine..
Attachments
Schermopname (4).png
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

webants wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:58 pmwhen i disable lightbox they show fine..
It seems, in that case, there’s an issue with the lightbox extension, you should contact the author here https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ox/support
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
webants

Post by webants »

okay i asked there, thanxs!
MattF
Extensions Development Coordinator
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by MattF »

Mick wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:57 am
webants wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:58 pmwhen i disable lightbox they show fine..
It seems, in that case, there’s an issue with the lightbox extension, you should contact the author here https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ox/support
This is not correct.

As far as standard attachments in phpBB go, each attached image is inside a <div> tag which is the reason why attached images are one per line. But IMG tag images can be arranged side by side normally.

As far as the extension Inline images in attachment goes when used with Lightbox, the problem is with Inline images in attachment. The Inline images in attachment extension shrinks attached images to a size smaller than they originally were, which means they end up smaller than the threshold the Lightbox extension recognizes as needing to be resized.

For example, if you set up attachments to be a width of 400px, then you would also need to set up Lightbox to resize images >= 400px. But if you install the Inline images in attachment extension, your attachments will be scaled down to something like 350px, and thus Lightbox will ignore it.

So the two extensions are incompatible, and the solution would be for the author of Inline images in attachment to find a way to make attached images appear inline without also resizing them to smaller than original.

A temporary hack could be to just make your Lightbox resize width really small too, so that it just applies to almost everything.
Formerly known as VSEMy ExtensionsPlease do not PM me for support.
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

Maybe you can have a look at this topic for a possible solution: viewtopic.php?f=496&t=2470641
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”