Can moderator see IP address?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
GoesOn

Can moderator see IP address?

Post by GoesOn » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:35 pm

If they can see, I wonder how to make the IP address not visible to moderators?
English is not my native language :!:

janus_zonstraal

Re: Can moderator see IP address?

Post by janus_zonstraal » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:57 pm

Can I ask why you want to hide the ip numbers from people you trust enough to be moderators?

Because it is difficult to hide this function.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:02 pm

What are you expecting your moderators to do with an IP address, they change anyway? You can't bring down corporations with an IP address. In any case, as any moderator here will tell you, sometimes the IP address can be a useful thing when tracking down persistent offenders.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

GoesOn

Post by GoesOn » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Mick wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:02 pm
What are you expecting your moderators to do with an IP address? You can't bring down corporations with an IP address. In any case, as any moderator here will tell you, sometimes the IP address can be a useful thing when tracking down persistent offenders.
Are you going to answer my question or? What I want, what I think about it, you do not have to deal with!

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:07 pm

Like Janus and Mick said, this is quite difficult to achieve. If we know why you'd like to do this, there might be alternative solutions that can accomplish something similar. :)
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

GoesOn

Post by GoesOn » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:15 pm

JimA wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:07 pm
Like Janus and Mick said, this is quite difficult to achieve. If we know why you'd like to do this, there might be alternative solutions that can accomplish something similar. :)
Is it so difficult? I do not know why I ask. Thought that there might be such a feature, but you must be as lost as a child and do not understand that this is a support forum and you are wondering about some things. Have you thought about your eunuck?

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader

Post by JimA » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 pm

GoesOn wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:15 pm
Is it so difficult? I do not know why I ask. Thought that there might be such a feature
And we've (three times now) answered your question that there is no such feature that does that.

Also, insulting people is not going to help you any further with your problem. Please just keep your responses respectful towards other people. If you have a problem with other users, feel free to PM me.
Last edited by JimA on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic posts before and after this post removed

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

GoesOn

Post by GoesOn » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:34 pm

JimA wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 pm
GoesOn wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:15 pm
Is it so difficult? I do not know why I ask. Thought that there might be such a feature
And we've (three times now) answered your question that there is no such feature that does that.

Also, insulting people is not going to help you any further with your problem. Please just keep your responses respectful towards other people. If you have a problem with other users, feel free to PM me.
Listen now diligently before you speak! I ask if something was possible with my question, did I do that? Yes, what do I get for answers?
Can I ask why you want to hide the ip numbers from people you trust enough to be moderators?
Because it is difficult to hide this function.
What are you expecting your moderators to do with an IP address, they change anyway? You can't bring down corporations with an IP address. In any case, as any moderator here will tell you, sometimes the IP address can be a useful thing when tracking down persistent offenders.
And if you think it's an answer to my question, it's a big damn mistake on you with your like-minded ones. But sure, keep on going, and I'll be able to handle myself from today's wretched game and forum. Hope the money I donated to you will be dead.

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader

Post by JimA » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:39 pm

I think the fact that a response tells you this is difficult to achieve is quite a direct answer to your question, but there could be a language barrier at work here.

Regardless, this is turning into a discussion topic, and that's not what the support forums are for. As this topic continues to go off-topic, I'll close it now. If you disagree or have any other concerns, then again, feel free to contact me through private messages and I'll gladly discuss this with you.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:41 pm

This is a trial type thing so don't flame me if it isn't what you want. Try setting, in Moderators advanced permissions> Post actions tab> Can view post details, to No.

If that doesn't do what you need I suggest you make an extension request.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”