[Solved] Fatal error after 3.0 > 3.2 update

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
RobKi

[Solved] Fatal error after 3.0 > 3.2 update

Post by RobKi »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.1
What is your board's URL? http://www.classicogauge.net/forum/
Who do you host your board with? Budgetwebhosting.nl
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.10
What styles do you currently have installed? Prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? British English
Which database type/version are you using? MariaDB
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable?Taken the board offline through the ACP General settings, and upgraded from 3.0 to 3.2.1. exactly following the steps in
the guide here.
Please describe your problem. I cannot access my forum after the upgrade to 3.2.1.

Yet the upgrader said:
"The installer has finished successfully
Take me to the ACP
Successfully updated extension phpbb/viglink
The database update was successful.
[phpBB Debug] "Dear Classic O Gauge friends, the forum is offline for maintenance. We hope to be back soon." in file /home/classico/public_html/forum/phpbb/user.php on line 369
[phpBB Debug] "Dear Classic O Gauge friends, the forum is offline for maintenance. We hope to be back soon." in file /home/classico/public_html/forum/phpbb/user.php on line 369

The installer has finished successfully???

100% " (followed by a hundred lines saying 'installed:' and ending with the time taken.
The quote after phpBB Debug is the message shown to users when the forum is offline. I don't understand what it's doing here.

After deleting the /install directory from the server and directing my browser to http://www.classicogauge.net/forum/ I get a Fatal Error message:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/di/container_builder.php on line 146: require(./cache/production/autoload_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/di/container_builder.php on line 146: require(./cache/production/autoload_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required './cache/production/autoload_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/classico/public_html/forum/phpbb/di/container_builder.php on line 146
Generated by SRT Generator

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by RobKi on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Fatal error after 3.0 > 3.2 update

Post by JimA »

Hi, welcome to phpBB.com! :)

This seems like there might be problem with the permissions of the cache folder. Could you have a look and make sure that the CHMOD permissions of the cache folder are set at 777?

See: phpBB3 Chmod Permissions

Additionally, please delete the cache/production/ folder to allow it to re-create itself.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
RobKi

Post by RobKi »

That's a marvellous piece of advice, Jim!

Cache permissions were at 777; I deleted the cache/production folder, browsed to the forum url, and hey! it works.

Thanks a million.
Rob
Helios7

Post by Helios7 »

RobKi wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:17 am I deleted the cache/production folder, browsed to the forum url, and hey! it works.

Thanks a million.
Rob
Same magic worked for me too. The production folder missing brought back the admin page. Was initially shocked to see the admin page reporting error but now much relieved, thanks for posting the solution. :)
OxCom

Re: [Solved] Fatal error after 3.0 > 3.2 update

Post by OxCom »

Related post to this issue. Issue can appear at any time again.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”