[Split] Upgrading to PHPBB3.1

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
jhearcht

[Split] Upgrading to PHPBB3.1

Post by jhearcht » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:55 pm

Untrained newbie : PHPBB3.2.1 on Windows 10 on Bluehost

After installing phpBB3.2.1 from scratch, I can open my board, but under "Information" it says : "No route found for "GET /index/". The board is working. So should I be concerned about the error message?

I've read the posts above, and checked to make sure that "php.index" is in the directory. However, I don't know if I have a database specifically for my BB. Is a database automatically created during OneClick install of PHPBB? There are 8 un-named databases listed for my primary domain and 4 subdomains, but I don't see one listed specifically for PHPBB. There is a "new"db labeled "enformat_wp_s6u0" that might be for the BB, or it could be a generic db for WordPress, which I don't use. How can I tell for sure? Bluehost has a place to create a db, but I don't know what to put in the boxes. If I add the name of my BB to the generic ID, to create a usable db, how can I relate it to the BB? Example : "screenname_ss_dbPHPBB0ab"

Will the absence of a database cause a "get index" error message?

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [Split] Upgrading to PHPBB3.1

Post by Mick » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:16 am

We cannot fully support one-click installs as the software has been modified by the host, basically they aren’t our files. If it’s a new installation I suggest you delete everything you have and install phpBB properly using the files from here. docs/INSTALL.html. Also, filling out the Support Request Template and posting it back here may help.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.
Forza Garibaldi

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”