Upgrade Database to 3.2.1 Incomplete

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Cassie396

Upgrade Database to 3.2.1 Incomplete

Post by Cassie396 »

Hello,

My host recently upgraded their PHP to 7.0.24 which subsequently broke two of my boards (the third one was on version 3.0.7-pl and was fine - updated just fine, too). I have been working on this all weekend to get the board back online but I'm having some trouble updating the database.

In the ACP it says my files are 3.2.1 but the database didn't finish updating. When I ran the database updater on the web, I kept getting timeouts. Even after my host increased my max time, it still wouldn't work.

I ended up completely emptying the database and restoring my original version. Then, using the CLI, I've tried running this command: php ./bin/phpbbcli.php db:migrate --safe-mode per this guide.

I have had several varying degrees of success with this. I've managed to get the database upgraded to 3.1.8 although at one point it did update to 3.2.0 (I was still getting an incomplete error in ACP so I thought I'd try it one more time which landed me back at 3.1.8).

I've done this 3-4 times already and can't seem to get the DB updated all the way to 3.2.1. Am I missing something? I don't think I missed a step and I keep clearing the cache, but nothing is working and I truly can't think of what to try next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... thank you so much! :)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”