Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Post Reply
3hd
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by 3hd » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:23 am

i get this error when i click on profile

No route found for "GET /member/tricosite/" (from "https://www.ghtalks.com/")

any help, maybe you can check my site(https://www.ghtalks.com) and tell me what to do, newbie way please. thanks

User avatar
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 20365
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr
Contact:

Re: Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:26 am

Where did this come from

/member/tricosite/ because that isn't the normal way to access your profile.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

3hd
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by 3hd » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:55 am

RMcGirr83 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:26 am
Where did this come from

/member/tricosite/ because that isn't the normal way to access your profile.

thats when i click on the user name , Tricosite is the username

User avatar
david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: David Wood
Contact:

Re: Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by david63 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:08 am

3hd wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:55 am
thats when i click on the user name , Tricosite is the username
That is not standard phpBB as phpBB uses the user id.

Do you have some form of ulr rewriting/seo installed?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email or as they will be ignored

3hd
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by 3hd » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:30 am

david63 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:08 am
3hd wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:55 am
thats when i click on the user name , Tricosite is the username
That is not standard phpBB as phpBB uses the user id.

Do you have some form of ulr rewriting/seo installed?
yes

User avatar
david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: David Wood
Contact:

Re: Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by david63 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:34 am

3hd wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:30 am
david63 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:08 am
3hd wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:55 am
thats when i click on the user name , Tricosite is the username
That is not standard phpBB as phpBB uses the user id.

Do you have some form of ulr rewriting/seo installed?
yes
Then there is obviously a problem with it. I would suggest you disable it until you find the solution or ask at the place where you found the extension/code.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email or as they will be ignored

3hd
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by 3hd » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 am

david63 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:34 am
3hd wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:30 am
david63 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:08 am
3hd wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:55 am
thats when i click on the user name , Tricosite is the username
That is not standard phpBB as phpBB uses the user id.

Do you have some form of ulr rewriting/seo installed?
yes
Then there is obviously a problem with it. I would suggest you disable it until you find the solution or ask at the place where you found the extension/code.
i just disabled it but still same

User avatar
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 18014
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by Mick » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:49 am

Try purging the cache.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.
Forza Garibaldi

3hd
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by 3hd » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:14 am

i did but still.

i read this on one of the topics, can someone help me with more insight the dummy way to the the bellow suggestion??
I was having the same error and I fixed it by downloading a fresh copy of phpBB and replacing the adm files from the fresh download and making sure the files were uploaded with the correct file structure.

User avatar
david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: David Wood
Contact:

Re: Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by david63 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:48 am

As we have no idea what code/extension you are using it is almost impossible to help.

You need to ask at the place where you got the code/extension as to how to resolve the problem if disabling it did not work.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email or as they will be ignored

3hd
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by 3hd » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:24 pm

david63 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:48 am
As we have no idea what code/extension you are using it is almost impossible to help.

You need to ask at the place where you got the code/extension as to how to resolve the problem if disabling it did not work.
am dead :oops: :cry: :cry:

am using pbpbb seo

here is the link https://github.com/phpBBSEO

User avatar
david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 12971
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: David Wood
Contact:

Re: Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by david63 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:29 pm

3hd wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:24 pm
am using pbpbb seo
phpbbseo does not work with phpBB 3.2 and, to the best of my knowledge, is not going to be updated to work with it.
3hd wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:24 pm
am dead
Looks that way.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email or as they will be ignored

3hd
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by 3hd » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:16 pm

david63 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:29 pm
3hd wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:24 pm
am using pbpbb seo
phpbbseo does not work with phpBB 3.2 and, to the best of my knowledge, is not going to be updated to work with it.
3hd wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:24 pm
am dead
Looks that way.
is there anyway to install new phpbb without losing my database and post ??

janus_zonstraal
Registered User
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: Users can't access 'Profile' in the UCP

Post by janus_zonstraal » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:51 am

You can try to replace the files with the ones from here.
Just as you have to do with a update.

But no guaranty that it fixed your problem.
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ating-32x/
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

Post Reply

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Binano, canonknipser, Froddelaar, MarkDHamill, RamonSBorussia and 22 guests