Self Post Only

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
rootEth

Self Post Only

Post by rootEth » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:34 pm

This is driving me nuts...can anyone tell me how the "Self Post Only" permission is meant to work?

I assumed it meant you could start a new topic (as you have the "Can start new topics" permission), but not read other peoples topics. However, unless I modify it to give the "Can read forum" permission the user can't create new topics, but if I give this permission then the user can see other user's topics, somewhat negating the point of this!

I'm not sure if I am just not understanding, it just doesn't work, or my install is screwy, I'm on 3.2.1 which I believe is the latest and have only one extension installed (Milk Theme Control Panel).

P.S. I am aware of this extension (viewtopic.php?t=2283001) and I will have to try to use it if I can't get this working, but it isn't meant to work well with 3.2 and I feel like this feature is meant to be there in the base install if I can just figure out how to use it and I would rather not install anything I don't need!

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Self Post Only

Post by JimA » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi, welcome to phpBB.com! :)

I think you're misunderstanding how these permissions work.

The "Can read forum" permission means that you can read all the topics in the forum whereas the "Can view forum" topic means that you can see the forum in the forums list on the index page.

To confirm, there is no permission out of the box that will make users be able to only see their own topics, you will need an extension for that. Whether the extension you link to works for 3.2, I don't know for sure, you could try asking in that topic there. I know that it used to work for 3.1.
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”