Re: anti-spambot User Registration Features Problems

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
BeBop

Post by BeBop »

Good evening,

We are currently running phpBB Board software version 3.2.1 having upgraded as recommended to comply with PHP V7.

We enabled anti-spambot User Registration CAPTCHA (Picture square tick version) Features 48 hours ago as we were having problems with a deluge of dodgy commercial sales oriented automatic member registrations. Since then we have received no genuine new member registrations [we would expect at least 10 over a weekend]. As a result, I am a voluntary stand in systems admin for a non-profitmaking forum, I tried setting up a new member myself to check that the procedure was working. Went through the standard data entry user name, email address, password set up, navigated the picture CAPTCHA successfully, submitted the data and received lines of red errror messages at the top of the screen see below and a message in the data entry box itself also see below.

DISPLAYED TOP OF THE SCREEN OUTSIDE THE USER SCREEN BORDER

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/google/recaptcha/src/ReCaptcha/RequestMethod/Post.php on line 68: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/google/recaptcha/src/ReCaptcha/RequestMethod/Post.php on line 68: file_get_contents(https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4516: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3262)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4516: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3262)

DISPLAYED IN THE BODY OF THE DATA ENTRY & SUBMISSION SCREEN AT TOP

The solution you provided was incorrect

I believe this also happened with an earlier version of the software. Would anybody out there be kind enough to diagnose the problem and guide me to a solution bearing in mind I am not a programmer.

Many Thanks in Advance Regards Bebop
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Switch to Q&A and use a question specific to your board that you cannot search the answer for. Much more effective and shouldn't give you any errors.

How to configure Q&A
  1. Administration Control Panel (ACP) > Spambot countermeasures> Installed plugins > click the dropdown box and select Q&A (it will be greyed out)
  2. Click the configure button then click add
  3. Add your question and answer (you need a Q&A for each language you have installed) click submit
  4. Click "back to previous page" then click "back"
  5. Select Q&A from the dropdown box (again)
  6. Click submit at the bottom of the page.
  7. Done.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0
you need to set allow_url_fopen to true within the php.ini file which your hosts should be able to do for you if you don't know how.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
BeBop

Post by BeBop »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:04 am
file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0
you need to set allow_url_fopen to true within the php.ini file which your hosts should be able to do for you if you don't know how.
Firstly KevC and RMGirr83 many thanks or your responses.

Yes Q & A Captcha works well, but I also thought that we should try to get the picture CAPTCHA working as well. So YES I got our hosting provider to set allow_url_fopen to true within the php.ini file and tested it myself with a new member set up and yes I was able to set up a test member but picture CAPTCHA option now only displays 'I am not a robot' box asks you to confirm with the usual 'green tick' in the circle, but does not display any picture tiles to tick, as in, 'how many squares contain street signs' ETC.

How do I get picture boxes to show as part of the process, they did before when I got the 'https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0' error message [NOW solved as above]?

Many thank for your help in advance BeBop

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”