Private message notification problem

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Havym
Name: Marco

Private message notification problem

Post by Havym »

Hi all,

The past week something strange happend to one user (also admin) with his private message notifications.
While getting a message the notification goes to 1, 2 etc depending on the amount of messages.

But when the messages are read or deleted the notification nummer says 1 new message.
User deleted all messages and folder but the notification still remains at 1.

I tried clearing cache and delete forum cookies....
I tried to edit the tabel in the database of the user but after getting messages the problem still exists.

Anyone who can help me find the problem?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afgelopen week gebeurde er iets vreemds bij een gebruiker (ook admin) met zijn privé berichten notificaties.
Bij nieuwe berichten zegt de notificatie dat er nieuwe berichten zijn 1,2 etc afhankelijk van de hoeveelheid berichten.

Maar wanneer de berichten zijn gelezen of verwijderd blijft de notificatie staat op 1 ongelezen bericht.
De gebruikers heeft alle berichten en folders verwijderd maar nog steeds 1 bericht.

Ik heb geprobeerd in de database zijn profiel aan te passen naar 0 berichten maar na nieuwe ontvangen berichten blijft het probleem bestaan.
Havym

Re: Private message notification problem

Post by Havym »

Nobody has an idea?
Nosegear
Name: M.P. Knol

Post by Nosegear »

I have a user on one of my forums (v. 3.2.2) who has that very same issue. All his PMs are read, yet the red circled '1' remains. Not a clue how to fix this! This particular user is quite computer savvy so clearing browser caches & such has already been tried . .

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Please start your own topic.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Havym

Post by Havym »

I found the problem and it is solved.

In table phpbb_privmsgs_to was a deleted pb with msg_id=0 but still marked as new pm_new=1 and unread pm_unread=1.
Using a query i could change the value to 0

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_privmsgs_to SET pm_unread = 0 WHERE user_id = 54;
UPDATE phpbb_privmsgs_to SET pm_new = 0 WHERE user_id = 54;

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”