Question about direct mail

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Elias
Name: Elias

Re: Question about direct mail

Post by Elias »

You can set the permission that gives you the option to approve the posts being made.

Thanks
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

However, you will quickly lose your users. Are you trying to control spam? Because there are easier ways.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
david63

Post by david63 »

You have mentioned Direct Mail and Direct Messaging in your posts. phpBB allows members to send emails to one another and it allows private messages to be sent from one member to another. There is nothing in the core that will allow you to monitor and/or approve either of these - however you can set permissions to disable these features.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
david63

Post by david63 »

carson15 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:28 pm Thank you For that great information. So could I choose to disable the direct iMessage feature and direct-mail feature for everyone except myself as the administrator?
Yes - but if you disable it for everyone but yourself who are you going mail/message?

A better option would be to create another group, say "Trusted" that allowed the facility and then put members into that group when you thought that they could be trusted to use the features.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”