IP logs: when?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
AmigoJack

Re: IP logs: when?

Post by AmigoJack »

M00dz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:17 pmI have a question
I count 4.
M00dz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:17 pmwhen you log in
Not like you imagine it: to establish a user session the IP address is indeed stored, but that data must be considered volatile, not permanent.
M00dz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:17 pmdoes that depend
Yes: an extension could i.e. add Forum Logs entries, and every entry stores the IP address.
M00dz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:17 pmmention it in the terms
Depends on which local laws apply to your board, there's no "one fits all" solution. Keep in mind that server software unbound to phpBB most probably logs IP addresses as well.
M00dz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:17 pmchanging the content of a post - does it log the IP
Every post edit will create an entry in the Forum Logs, and every entry stores the IP address.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: IP logs: when?

Post by stevemaury »

Yes.

That would depend on the setting in ACP, Sever settings, Security settings, Session IP validation. If the IP changes in octets that are checked, the session will be lost.

In the future, please start your own topics rather than piggy-backing another, thanks.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”