- Your server must be running at least PHP 5.4 or higher.
- phpBB 3.2 is not compatible with 3.0 and most of the previous files will need to be removed prior to upgrading.
- Styles and MODs from 3.0 cannot be installed on phpBB 3.2. To upgrade, perform the following steps:
- Make a back-up of the original files and database
- Deactivate all styles except for prosilver
- Remove all MOD-related changes from the database. The Support Toolkit's Database Cleaner can be used for this.
- Ensure that the activated spambot countermeasure is one of the standard phpBB plugins (Simple image, GD image, GD 3D image, Q&A, reCaptacha).
- Set British English as the only language pack and delete all other language pack directories from your server
- Delete all of your phpBB 3.0.x files EXCEPT for the following:
- Upload the contents of the phpBB3 directory from the uncompressed 3.2.x Full Package (EXCEPT for
config.php) into your forum's directory (Note: you don't want to overwrite your original
- Browse to
- Click the Update tab
- Click the Update button
- Select "Update database only" and click Submit
- Wait for the progress bar to reach 100% and for a message indicating that the update has completed
- Delete or rename the