Can't get to Change Password page

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
accs-p

Can't get to Change Password page

Post by accs-p » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:11 am

I'm having a problem with a recently created forum. I don't know what I changed to cause this, but, for some reason, users can't change passwords.

UCP -> Profile -> Edit Account Settings

The Profile tab isn't available for any user, including the main Forum Admin.

The 'Standard Features' user role (currently used by all groups) has all 'Profile' entries set to Yes. What else needs to be set to allow the password to be changed? How do I get this back?

Thanks.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Can't get to Change Password page

Post by Mick » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:36 am

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.
Forza Garibaldi

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:53 am

Maybe the Module was disabled.

ACP > System > Module Management > User Control Panel

Make sure the profile Module is enabled.

Thanks
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

accs-p

Post by accs-p » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:36 am

Elias,

Yes, it's enabled.

Mick,

Here it is:

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.1
What is your board's URL? No answer given
Who do you host your board with? name.com
How did you install your board? I used a tool provided by my host - CPanel
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Fresh Install
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes - unregistered users are not allowed
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What extensions do you have installed? 24 hour activity stats 1.0.4, About us 2.1.2, Add User 1.0.4, Application Form 1.0.7, Authorized for urls 1.0.3, Auto-lock Topics 1.0.1, Board Announcements 1.0.6, Board Rules 2.1.1, Collapsible Forum Categories 1.0.2, Contact Admin 1.1.4, Database Optimize & Repair Tool 1.1.2, External Links Open in New Window 1.0.6, Footerlinks 1.3.8, gn36 - Customize first post edit permissions 1.2.2, LMDI Multilinks 2.0.3, Login Required 1.1.0, Modbreak 1.1.0, New Topic 1.0.3, phpBB 3.2 Auto Ban 1.0.1, phpBB 3.2 Post Love 1.2.1 - MODIFIED, Post Edit Log 1.2.0, Poster IP in Viewtopic 1.0.2, Post Numbers 1.1.2, Quick Reply On Last Page Only 1.0.1, Recent Topics 2.2.5, Relative dates 2.0.2, Remove Subject from Replies 2.0.2, Simple mentions 1.0.2, Simple Spoiler 1.1.0, tas2580 Failed logins 1.1.0, Topic icons on index 1.0.1, Topic Solved 2.2.6

NOTE: Problem verified with all extensions disabled.
What styles do you currently have installed? Carbon - MODIFIED for left-hand profile
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL(i) 10.1.24-MariaDB-cll-lve
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? Any user
What password can be used to view this issue? N/A
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? I've been setting this board up. LOTS of configuration changes. Apparently I changed one too many settings.

Carbon style modified as per Hanakin post in viewtopic.php?f=591&t=2444511

Post Love modified as per viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2246576&start=615#p14866881
Please describe your problem. UCP -> Profile -> Edit Account Settings

The Profile tab isn't available for any user, including the main Forum Admin.

The 'Standard Features' user role (currently used by all groups) has all 'Profile' entries set to Yes. What else needs to be set to allow the password to be changed? How do I get this back?
Generated by SRT Generator

Other information:

PHP version - 5.6.32

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:02 am

accs-p wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:36 am
Be aware we don’t recommend using host one-click installs, it isn’t our code and we can’t fully support it. There are many cases of such issues with one-click installers and updaters on here. Before you go any further I suggest you delete your board and reinstall with the files downloaded from here.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.
Forza Garibaldi

accs-p

Post by accs-p » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Mick wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:02 am
accs-p wrote:
Be aware we don’t recommend using host one-click installs, it isn’t our code and we can’t fully support it. There are many cases of such issues with one-click installers and updaters on here. Before you go any further I suggest you delete your board and reinstall with the files downloaded from here.
If the Change Password screen had never worked, I'd do that. However, it DID work when initially installed, and doesn't any more.

I believe the CPanel interface makes some changes to the Apache configuration. This is not something I have access to through any other route. The CPanel interface needs to be used, although I could delete the phpBB instance it creates and replace it.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:20 pm

If it used to work but no longer does, I would suspect one of your very numerous extensions. Do you really need all those?

I would deactivate them all, and see if the problem resolves. If it does, add them back one at a time until you find the culprit. Be aware that the issue might be the interaction of two (or more) extensions.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

accs-p

Post by accs-p » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:19 pm

stevemaury wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:20 pm
accs-p wrote:
What extensions do you have installed? 24 hour activity stats 1.0.4, About us 2.1.2, Add User 1.0.4, Application Form 1.0.7, Authorized for urls 1.0.3, Auto-lock Topics 1.0.1, Board Announcements 1.0.6, Board Rules 2.1.1, Collapsible Forum Categories 1.0.2, Contact Admin 1.1.4, Database Optimize & Repair Tool 1.1.2, External Links Open in New Window 1.0.6, Footerlinks 1.3.8, gn36 - Customize first post edit permissions 1.2.2, LMDI Multilinks 2.0.3, Login Required 1.1.0, Modbreak 1.1.0, New Topic 1.0.3, phpBB 3.2 Auto Ban 1.0.1, phpBB 3.2 Post Love 1.2.1 - MODIFIED, Post Edit Log 1.2.0, Poster IP in Viewtopic 1.0.2, Post Numbers 1.1.2, Quick Reply On Last Page Only 1.0.1, Recent Topics 2.2.5, Relative dates 2.0.2, Remove Subject from Replies 2.0.2, Simple mentions 1.0.2, Simple Spoiler 1.1.0, tas2580 Failed logins 1.1.0, Topic icons on index 1.0.1, Topic Solved 2.2.6

NOTE: Problem verified with all extensions disabled.
I would deactivate them all, and see if the problem resolves. If it does, add them back one at a time until you find the culprit. Be aware that the issue might be the interaction of two (or more) extensions.
I did. The problem isn't related to any specific extension.
stevemaury wrote:Do you really need all those?
Need? Probably not. On the other hand, each of those extensions provides a feature that makes this forum work better for the admins and/or users, or makes it more similar to the custom forum it's replacing.
Last edited by accs-p on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

accs-p

Post by accs-p » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:27 pm

accs-p wrote:
Elias wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:53 am
Maybe the Module was disabled.

ACP > System > Module Management > User Control Panel

Make sure the profile Module is enabled.

Thanks
Yes, it's enabled.
Problem found. It was a combination of my unfamiliarity with phpBB and my doing this testing while tired.

This was the correct solution. Apparently I disabled this to get rid of some of the child tabs. and forgot that I had done so. I'm currently documenting all of the settings.

Sorry all. This problem was found to be in OSI Layer 8 (user).

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”