Help! Unable to access ACP all day today!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
WWu777

Help! Unable to access ACP all day today!

Post by WWu777 »

Dear support,
For some reason, my ACP won't load up today. It keeps showing an error message every time I go to it and refresh the page. It's been like this all day today. Yesterday it worked fine though. See here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/adm/ ... f66d82245b

There you will keep getting this error message:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Any idea why?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Help! Unable to access ACP all day today!

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Host server issue more than likely.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
WWu777

Re: Help! Unable to access ACP all day today!

Post by WWu777 »

SOLVED:

It wasn't a server issue. I contacted my webhost and they told me what the error log said. It said a file in the header was trying to call another file that didn't exist. I rotate ads in a rotating file located in the root directory. When I try to log into the ACP, it goes to a different directory here: "forum/adm/index.php". Once there, the command in my overall header file tries to look for the banner rotating file but couldn't find it because that file is only in my root directory of the forum but not in the "adm" directory where the ACP files are located. This is something minor that's hard to notice. So all I had to do was copy and paste the external files it was looking for into the directory "forum/adm" and then the ACP finally worked.

I wonder why the error didn't show up on the screen so I would know what was wrong instead of having to look at the server error logs. If it had shown the error on my screen instead then I would have known what was wrong.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”