Session problem in Chrome app for Android

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
prl

Session problem in Chrome app for Android

Post by prl »

I don't think this is phpbb specific but maybe I can get some help here.

I have a phpbb forum and for a few weeks now I can't logout of the forum if I'm using Chrome on Android (version 8). I can login, post successfully, but whenever I try to logout I get this error message:

"you were not logged out as the request did not match your session".

This happens only in my mobile phone and only in Chrome. In Firefox everything works as expected. I already cleaned all the Chrome app data (cache and app data) and the problem happens in at least another forum. But it doesn't happen here in the phpbb forums.

I'm getting a little bit crazy over this. Any idea on what might be causing this problem? The fact that this only happens in Chrome points to the problem being around how Chrome is handling sessions, maybe after some update to the app.

Thanks.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Session problem in Chrome app for Android

Post by Mick »

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
prl

Post by prl »

Thanks for the reply. I considered filling that form but I honesty think it's not an installation problem in my board. This are the symptoms that I could observe:

- in my board I can login and post, but can't logout (error "the request didn't match your session");
- in another board (not phpBB) I can login but can't post and can't logout;
- this doesn't happen in all phpBB boards, for example, I can use this board perfectly;
- this only happens in the Chrome app, in Firefox everything works as expected (in the same phone);
- this doesn't happen in other phones with the Chrome app;
- this didn't happen until somewhat recently;

I don't really know what to do. I think Chrome in my phone is messing up the sessions or something, indicating a phone specific problem. On the other hand it only happens in some boards, indicating some board configuration issue.

Really weird. :?
Last edited by prl on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Mick wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:59 pm Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
prl

Post by prl »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.0
What is your board's URL? http://www.pearljammers.pt/forum/
Who do you host your board with? PTisp
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.10
What extensions do you have installed? SimpleMentions
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue?
What password can be used to view this issue?
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? No actions taken on the board
Please describe your problem. Using the Chrome app in my Android mobile phone (Oneplus3T) I recently started observing a weird behavior when using my forum: I keep getting the error "You were not logged out, as the request did not match your session" whenever I try to logout from the forum. I also can't access the ACP although I can make posts. I noticed this also happens in other forums (not phpBB) where I have session problems also which makes me think this is a problem specific to my phone. Yet, I don't experience the same problem in other forums like this one.

These problems only happen in my phone, not my browser or even other phones.

In short:

- in my board I can login and post, but can't logout (error "the request didn't match your session");
- in another board (not phpBB) I can login but can't post and can't logout;
- this doesn't happen in all phpBB boards, for example, I can use this board perfectly;
- this only happens in my phone using the Chrome app, in Firefox everything works as expected (in the same phone);
- this doesn't happen in other phones with the same Chrome app;
- this didn't happen until somewhat recently;
Generated by SRT Generator

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”