Install with CLI

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
j12t

Install with CLI

Post by j12t » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:04 pm

Having discovered the command-line interface [1], I am hoping I can perform a complete install from the command-line, without ever going through the browser. Unfortunately, I don't get very far. My steps:
  • Download zip file
  • Unzip zip file
  • cd <dir>
  • php bin/phpbbcli.php
Regardless of what arguments I give this command, I get:

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\RuntimeException: A string value must be composed of strings and/or numbers, but found parameter "core.table_prefix" of type NULL inside string value "%core.table_prefix%oauth_tokens". in .../phpBB3/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ParameterBag/ParameterBag.php:219
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ParameterBag\ParameterBag->Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ParameterBag\{closure}(Array)
#1 .../phpBB3/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ParameterBag/ParameterBag.php(226): preg_replace_callback('/%%|%([^%\\s]+)%...', Object(Closure), '%core.table_pre...')
#2 .../phpBB3/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ParameterBag/ParameterBag.php(171): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ParameterBag\ParameterBag->resolveString('%core.table_pre... in .../phpBB3/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ParameterBag/ParameterBag.php on line 219
If I install the app through the web interface, and then invoke the command-line, it works fine. If I put a table_prefix into config.php, then the "must be installed already" logic triggers, and I get missing table errors from the database backend. So that doesn't get me far.

How do I make this work?

This is version 3.2.1 on Arch Linux, using PHP 7.1.12.

Thanks.

[1] https://area51.phpbb.com/docs/dev/3.1.x ... arted.html

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: Install with CLI

Post by Paul » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:20 pm

You need to use the phpbbcli.php in the install/ directory.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

j12t

Re: Install with CLI

Post by j12t » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:57 am

Thanks, Paul, this indeed works.

I didn't realize there were two identically-named, but different executables in the same zip file. Not exactly obvious ...

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”