Purge of cache does not delete all files

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
jehem

Purge of cache does not delete all files

Post by jehem »

Hi,

Good to join you. I am building a pinball forum for the European french speaking community. I have installed a phpbb3 in local and on the host. I try to make all possible updates in local, test, then send to host.

Here I have created a new style copied from Silverpro. I changed locally the colours.css file to put other frame colors for instance. Local test is successful, then I send the file to the host (delete/recreate). The updates are not visible.
Just to be certain, I decided to delete the colours.css file on the host. But the website continues to work as nothing had happened. Then I said to myself that I had to purge the cache in order to get a fresh version. I did it in ACP mode, but still no change.

When I go to the host directories, after the purge, the twig directory remains with a serie of subfolders with owner/group property 48 48 that were not deleted by the purge. Is it normal ?

If I want to delete them manually, I cannot do that either.

Thanks for you help. Your software and community is extremely valuable. Thanks
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Re: Purge of cache does not delete all files

Post by Mannix_ »

Try purging your browser cache ;)
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
david63

Post by david63 »

jehem wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:46 pm When I go to the host directories, after the purge, the twig directory remains with a serie of subfolders with owner/group property 48 48 that were not deleted by the purge. Is it normal ?
They will have been re-created after you had purged the cache.
jehem wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:46 pm If I want to delete them manually, I cannot do that either.
Yes - use your ftp client and delete the production folder that is in the cache folder
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
jehem

Post by jehem »

Hi both,

Thank you very much for your help.

Regarding the FTP deletion of the /cache/production, I tried it, but got no success. FTP returns a 550 error code. I presume I have to request further access from the host provider, no ? What I Find strange is the fact that the /cache/production/twig directory (and sub-) is deleted on the PC after a purge, not on the sever

Thanks again
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

jehem wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:25 pmno ?
Maybe, ask them.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
david63

Post by david63 »

jehem wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:25 pm What I Find strange is the fact that the /cache/production/twig directory (and sub-) is deleted on the PC after a purge, not on the sever
That is probably because whilst you are deleting the files the board is being accessed (either by users or bots) and the cached files are being re-created.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

david63 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:45 pm the cached files are being re-created.
And one of the easiest methods to verify that is to check the file creation date/time ;)
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
jehem

Post by jehem »

Thanks all.

Regarding the re- creation of cache, I have doubts. Same behaviour in local and on the host, two different sets of remaining files in the cache.
david63

Post by david63 »

jehem wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:29 am Same behaviour in local and on the host, two different sets of remaining files in the cache.
Are you deleting the files or purging the cache on your local machine? If you are purging the cache then the very next action of displaying the page will create files in the cache folder. If you are deleting the files from the cache folder then it is impossible for anything to be created in the cache folder until the board is accessed.
David

jehem

Post by jehem »

Same behaviour, I run the purge from the ACP menu then disconnect.

I got an answer from the host manager, at least there was a question of access rights that should be resolved by now.

Thank you for helping.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”