What are orphan attachments?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
I've Been Banned!

What are orphan attachments?

Post by 2600 »

And how do I view them?
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Re: What are orphan attachments?

Post by canonknipser »

Orphaned attachments are file which were uploaded via "attachments" function during creation of a post of pm.
But that post or pm was never submitted, maybe because the user only used "Preview" instead of "Submit", closed his browser window, had problems with network connections ...

So, the file was uploaded with success and a entry in the corresponding attachment table was created, but no entry in the post or pm table.

There is a section in the acp called (Whow - what a surprise!) "Orphaned attachments" - from there you can view the attachment by a click on the file name.

Normally you can delete those entries - the delete function will delete the attachment file and the database entry.
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
I've Been Banned!

Re: What are orphan attachments?

Post by 2600 »

I have never seen a Whow in the ACP.

Edit-

Okay, I found it. It's under posting.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”