Toggle Smileys "Submitted Form Invalid"

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
SeeinStripes
Name: Shawn

Toggle Smileys "Submitted Form Invalid"

Post by SeeinStripes »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.1
What is your board's URL? http://www.stripersoup.com/forum/index.php
Who do you host your board with? Justhost
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
Do you have any MODs installed?
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.11
What MODs do you have installed? None
What extensions do you have installed? Moon Phase
Auto Groups
Board Announcements
Post Count Requrements
What styles do you currently have installed? Green -Style
What language(s) is your board currently using? en
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? Only my admin name
What password can be used to view this issue?
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? No answer given
Please describe your problem. In reply to post, there are too many smileys. This pushes the preview/submit buttons too far down. When in admin>smilies>edit smilies, I uncheck the boxes of smilies not wanted on posting page, but when I submit change, INFORMATION red box comes up with "the submitted form was invalid, try submitting again" Repeated attempts with single smileys yield same result.
Generated by SRT Generator
Attachments
stripersoupstatistics.jpg
Shawn McNew
SeeinStripes

Re: Toggle Smileys "Submitted Form Invalid"

Post by SeeinStripes »

Anybody want to try to tackle this? I installed several extensions. None of the extensions were smiley related. Would that create this error when trying to toggle smilies off?
Attachments
stripersoupinvalidform12152017.jpg
Shawn McNew
david63

Post by david63 »

SeeinStripes wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:21 pm Anybody want to try to tackle this? I installed several extensions. None of the extensions were smiley related. Would that create this error when trying to toggle smilies off?
Always a possibility - disable them and try again just to prove one way or the other.

I cannot recreate this on a "clean" board so it may be something in one, or more, of the smilies that is causing the problem. Will it allow you to delete them?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
SeeinStripes

Post by SeeinStripes »

I disabled the extensions that I'm not using and still getting same error. Before I disable the extensions that I am using (not wanting to assume here), am I going to have to go back through the forum to enable the post count restriction extension forum by forum again once I re-enable it? I have LOTS of subforums. :roll:

I was able to delete successfully but I have so many. Is it possible to delete the ones that are checked and then reload them (assuming they won't be checked anymore)?

Is it possible to delete in bulk via FTP without creating more glitches, or do I have to do it line-item thru the acp?
Shawn McNew
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

SeeinStripes wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:32 pm Is it possible to delete in bulk via FTP without creating more glitches, or do I have to do it line-item thru the acp?
No.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
david63

Post by david63 »

SeeinStripes wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:32 pm Before I disable the extensions that I am using (not wanting to assume here), am I going to have to go back through the forum to enable the post count restriction extension forum by forum again once I re-enable it? I have LOTS of subforums.
If you only disable and not deleted data then when you re-enable them they should be OK - that is the way in which extensions work. If you have any doubts then you could always backup your database first.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
SeeinStripes

Post by SeeinStripes »

I disables all extensions and deleted data on the ones I'm not using. Still same error when trying to submit toggled smilies. I cannot add or remove smilies to the posting page.

I did move the last smiley below the "line of demarcation" on the smiley order page so see if that would take it off the posting page. It did move it below the line, but upon loading a test post message screen, it stays in the smiley list.

If someone knew which source files could be causing the issue, I could overwrite them.

I honestly don't care if my board even has smilies at this point, but the error is perplexing. It's the principle of the matter, you know. See attachment for smiley overrun!
Attachments
stripersoupsmileyoverrun12152017.jpg
Shawn McNew
SeeinStripes

Post by SeeinStripes »

I found a workaround to the problem if anybody is interested or has the same issue in the future. Go to main smilies list, click the settings gear, deselect smiley and submit. This function is still working on my board. No bulk editing, but I'll take one at a time vs none at a time. Cheers. :D
Shawn McNew
Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

I am having the same issue. If we've many smilies. I've more then 1000. We get that message when try to edit the smilies via bulk edit. Via the single gear it works fine though. Any idea which file is the culprit of this? Where this Form limitation exist? Or maybe a server limitation php value or something? I am at 3.2.2, but this seems to happen on all phpBB versions 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 branches.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Please start your own topic especially as this one is marked solved.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

Ok I could do it, but the problem on this topic was not solved. He just found an workaround not a solution. I believe he is interested in a solution too. Why create another topic about the same problem that needs the same solution?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

One because no two installs are ever the same so the best thing is to start a new topic with the SRT and two we prefer to keep support topics separate. You can link back to this topic if you wish.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”