Question about building the search index in ACP

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
WWu777

Question about building the search index in ACP

Post by WWu777 »

Dear support,
I have a question about the search index we build in ACP. The search index panel shows two boxes. One of them says native. I don't know what that means. It sounds complicated. Are both boxes necessary for the search engine to work?

I've already built the search indexes in both boxes. It took a while. But I was wondering a few things:

Is this something I have to do periodically? If so when?

After I build the search index, does each post submitted get automatically added to it? If so then I wouldn't need to build it again right?

Thanks.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Question about building the search index in ACP

Post by stevemaury »

WWu777 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:38 am Dear support,
I have a question about the search index we build in ACP. The search index panel shows two boxes. One of them says native. I don't know what that means. It sounds complicated. Are both boxes necessary for the search engine to work?
NO
I've already built the search indexes in both boxes. It took a while. But I was wondering a few things:

Is this something I have to do periodically? If so when?
NO
After I build the search index, does each post submitted get automatically added to it? If so then I wouldn't need to build it again right?
YES and YES
Thanks.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”