I've just noticed that people who aren't logged in to my forum are able to click the reply button at the bottom and post a reply (so long as they get the Captcha answer right). This isn't how I thought it was supposed to work.
As I understand it, any users who are not logged in are in the group 'Guests'. I did the following to make sure this group was read-only:
- Log into ACPl
- select the Users and Groups tab
- under 'Groups' on the left menu, select Group Forum Permissions
- select "Guest"
- checked the 'all forums' box
- verified the "Read Only" permission is assigned to each forum
- opened the 'Advanced Permissions' for this and confirmed that making new posts and replying to posts is set to 'No'
I just checked the 'New topic' button as well, and that also permits non-logged-in users to start topics, despite these settings. It does present a ReCaptcha box, but that's not good enough really. See below:
Anyone else got this problem or some advice on this?