Isn't documentation outdated?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Post Reply
Helmet1980
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Isn't documentation outdated?

Post by Helmet1980 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:38 pm

I want to install this good thing, but before that I want to know if the documentation is useless or not. Thanks. 8-)
Last edited by Mick on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary [b] [/b]

User avatar
warmweer
Registered User
Posts: 963
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Belt ... well actually Belgium

Re: Isn't documentation outdated?

Post by warmweer » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:53 pm

Helmet1980 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:38 pm
I want to install this good thing, but before that I want to know if the documentation is useless or not. Thanks. 8-)
Exactly what is this good thing ? phpBB 3.2.1? And which documentation are you referring to?
Anyway, the documentation which you can find here on phpbb.com is certainly not useless.
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

Helmet1980
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Isn't documentation outdated?

Post by Helmet1980 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:58 pm

warmweer wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:53 pm
Helmet1980 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:38 pm
I want to install this good thing, but before that I want to know if the documentation is useless or not. Thanks. 8-)
Exactly what is this good thing ? phpBB 3.2.1? And which documentation are you referring to?
Anyway, the documentation which you can find here on phpbb.com is certainly not useless.
I think phpBB is a good thing. And the documentation is this:
https://download.phpbb.com/pub/document ... tation.pdf

User avatar
warmweer
Registered User
Posts: 963
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Belt ... well actually Belgium

Re: Isn't documentation outdated?

Post by warmweer » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:10 pm

Helmet1980 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:58 pm
I think phpBB is a good thing. And the documentation is this:
https://download.phpbb.com/pub/document ... tation.pdf
That documentation was written for 3.2 and is 100% certainly not useless. But now there is the next minor version: 3.2.1 and there are quite a few changes in the code but the documentation you are referring to, is perhaps not 100% up to date but is (as expected) absolutely not useless and if your not experienced with phpBB (which is what I expect considering your question) it's advisable to read it (and also the info in the tab Downloads, for that matter before installing, have a look at all the tabs: you will find a lot of useful information there).
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

Helmet1980
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Isn't documentation outdated?

Post by Helmet1980 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:20 pm

warmweer wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:10 pm
Helmet1980 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:58 pm
I think phpBB is a good thing. And the documentation is this:
https://download.phpbb.com/pub/document ... tation.pdf
That documentation was written for 3.2 and is 100% certainly not useless. But now there is the next minor version: 3.2.1 and there are quite a few changes in the code but the documentation you are referring to, is perhaps not 100% up to date but is (as expected) absolutely not useless and if your not experienced with phpBB (which is what I expect considering your question) it's advisable to read it (and also the info in the tab Downloads, for that matter before installing, have a look at all the tabs: you will find a lot of useful information there).
Thank you. Appreciated.

User avatar
Elias
Registered User
Posts: 4610
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Location: In the Water!
Name: Elias
Contact:

Re: Isn't documentation outdated?

Post by Elias » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:49 am

Some articles and documentations are outdated, I agree but not all.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

User avatar
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 48911
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:21 am
Location: The U.P.
Name: Steve
Contact:

Re: Isn't documentation outdated?

Post by stevemaury » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:24 pm

If articles or documentation are useful to users of older versions, we don't delete them, but the version to which they are applicable are clearly stated.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. PM or email me.

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.

Post Reply

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KtamRadio, Lumpy Burgertushie and 14 guests